Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Guerrero Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 18, 2016
Mrs. Sierra , Mrs. Mcammon,Mrs Turner, and Mrs. Litrell best teachers my sons have ever had so far and a pleasure to deal with! They are there for their students ! Thank you for all that you do!

Posted August 04, 2014
My post was mistaken, It was suppose to read 1 star but 4 stars are showing. The assistant principal does not fix problems, even though she promises to. I have found the office clerks talking bad about parents. The nurse doesn't care about the parents concerns.

Posted April 02, 2014
Great School Environment - Love the teachers and staff. These teachers believe in their students and they are passionate about education.

Posted October 28, 2013
Not helpful. The 3rd grade teaches are not the best especially mrs. Alires. We are not happy at all.

Posted September 26, 2013
This is my son's 2nd year at this school and we have been more than happy. The teachers and administrators have a very positive attitude and really care about the success of their students.

Posted July 20, 2012
This past year I had my three boys enrolled in Rosa Gurrero and I had a number of issues with the administration and faculty. First and foremost my 2nd grade son was bullied on multiple occasions and there was no disciplinary action to correct this eventhough it happened in front of his teacher. My oldest son required ESL classes which have proven to be nothing more than a shear waste of time. Also my youngest son had some language difficulty with the language and he was given a 5 lb dictionary to lug around. When I would call or visit the teachers they had nothing but nice words to say which I learned was just to keep me quite. I later discussed my frustrations with friends and one had attended the school herself and stated that the teachers and administration had not changed. In summary this is by far the worst school in the area! Be forewarned before enrolling your kids.

Posted January 13, 2007
We have found that Guerrero teachers are professional, friendly and very committed to the positive growth of our children. My wife and I have spent about three hundred hours of volunteer work at Guerrero and feel that we have a good pulse of the school s logistic and working culture. We have a 1st grader and 6th grader (now at Hornado Middle) who are both in the GT program (Gifted & Talented) both are doing well. We moved to El Paso three years ago and have found Guerrero much better then the schools that my children were attending in the Midwest. We bought our house based on the best's of the El Paso schools and have been very happy with our decision. We are both college graduates therefore we see education as paramount in our children s development. We hope that this review helped you and your family in deciding on a school.

Posted January 10, 2007
Super school. Since we have been at Guerrero, our experience has been great! The teachers take the time to make sure the students comprehend the curriculum. Parent involvement is wonderful. The GT program at all grade levels have been a great experience for my children.

Posted January 10, 2007
I have 2 children at this school and we have been very happy. The teachers and staff are friendly and attentive to the students and parents. The PTA is extremely active and parent involvement is high. The administration has been very receptive to parents and issues. The minor issues we have had have been addressed quickly and effectively by the principal. I feel my children are receiving a good education here. They have each had compentent and caring teachers. We love it!

Posted January 09, 2007
This is our first year at Guerrero and I am very impressed with the entire school staff. The number one issue is the children's education. All of the staff is very professional and friendly. I am impressed with Mr. Sheldon's respect for the children and their respect for him. The PTA is very involved with school activities and has several projects they conduct throughout the year. Kudos to the wonderful parents of Guerrero PTA. The grounds are clean and well kept with a friendly, helpful custodial staff. This elementary school on the westside is the place to be!

Guerrero Elementary School
7530 Lakehurst Road, El Paso, TX  79912
Last modified Guerrero Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.