Bad
Good

My experience with some of the educators at Silva Magnet has been extremely unpleasant. They lack morals and values in the classrooms by permitting students to harass other students, letting them use their iPhone devices as long as they keep quiet and bullying students with intimidation and demeaning comments. Teachers need to be educated on how to be a good role model and not a popular peer to their students.

Coming from a very small private school, we took a leap of faith by enrolling our child in Silva. She is taking all pre-AP classes and feels that it is not hard to maintain a 95 average. The medical field approach is great and will give her a certain advantage for the future. We love that about half of her teachers are very motivating and encouraging, as well as very knowledgeable and involved with their students. The other half of the teachers are tired, unmotivated and sometimes even unaware of errors they commit during class...this has been frustrating since we apparently couldn't move her out of those classes to take one with a more "motivated" teacher. The counselor has not returned any messages in 9 months, so my daughter is left with handling things on her own. We would love if the teachers would give more attention to the students that finish an assignment during class time early, instead of just encouraging them to do homework or read...wouldn't it be wonderful if those students could do more work or learn something additional? As parents, we are unsure if the private sector would have been a better choice.

This is a great school. It is small and you truly get to know all of to know all of your teachers and classmates. It specializes in upper level classes (Pre-AP, AP, and Dual Credit) classes. I am really glad I am attending this school!

This school provides a great experience and teaches the students how to challenge themselves. If I had not gone to Silva, I would be like all the friends I left behind: slackers.

This high school is the best place for any young adult who truly wants to make a difference and prepare for college. There is no other experience like Silva and it is hard to believe that such quality education can be offered in a public school. I know that Silva is at the top places academically in the nation and there is evident proof of this. I am a former student, and I have to admit that the reason why I am achieving at college (I made Dean's List my first semester in college) is because Silva prepared me so well. You get to see, create, and experience things no other school offers. Plus the vast majority of student in this school truly care about achieving so you will find people who are just like you. Like I often tell people, at Silva, you are not judged by your looks or how you dress. No, at Silva you are mostly valued by what you have to bring to the table, by how you perform, by your ideas. In this sense, Silva is VERY competitive, but trust me, it prepares you for the "real" world. Plus, you get to meet people of different background since so many people from around the city attend. I highly recommend this school.

I do have to say I had my son in private school in middle school, when he told me he wanted to go to Sylva I was hesitant but now that he is about to be a junior I love the school as to how it challenges him,plus he is able to play sports at higher level than private schools. He is getting the best of both worlds here.

Misinformation in one review - this is not an IB school. Coronado is the only IB school in the EPISD.

Very good school. Very competitive. You don't have to be interested in Health Science to go to the school it will prepare you better for college. But a warning is if you want to be happy don't come here even if your a quiet kid your going to get lots of drama.

I love it! I am currently attending Silva. It's the best high school experience any teen can have. Everyone is so nice and kind. They actually care for you here. I couldn't ask for anything better!

This school is like a big family it is so welcoming. It has very high standards.

Last modified Silva Health Magnet High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.