El Paso, TX

Posted May 13, 2015
Worst school we have attended yet.... Lots of trouble makers, and no teachers to help guide them at all. All of the students are basically thrown to the wolves. Barely any education happening here.

Posted January 07, 2015
My son attended this school last year. He is in 7th grade now and is not one of the bigger kids. He was harassed in hallways, had things stolen from him and was stabbed in the leg with a freshly sharpened pencil in class and I was not informed of any of this until my son was home from school. Sweeping things under the rug seems to be their way. I believe I should be immediately informed when my son is a victim of assault as do most parents. To further the incompetence and blatant disregard, when I returned to the school expecting to speak to a principal about any one of these things, no one could be bothered to see me. I got shuffled to a new counselor who had been there less time than my son and had no idea what I was talking about. I was irate. I did not hold it against the counselor and made that known but when finally approached by an administrator I was told I had no proof that my son had been victimized (btw lead was still in my sons leg) I was met with accusations of him maybe doing to himself, his word against other student and the threat of police being called as I was apparently "belligerent" as well as an over arrive parent making something it of nothing.

Posted February 11, 2014
Absolutely horrible school. Please if you can avoid it do not send our children here. my son was assigned this school because of our address and I am now looking to move simply because I could not take another year of their incompetence. We PCS'd (moved) here in August and from the start they failed to do their jobs properly. They lost my sons enrollement documents, so we had to have many meetings on his curriculum. They have no transition for students going from a structured elementary system to Middle school. Kids are just supposed to figure it out. This includes textbooks, which my son was told he had to go and get from the school librarian during his lunch time because they do not issue them out during class. There is little to none responsibility for when things go wrong, everyone wants to blame someone else. God forbid your child missed the bus home because they would not let him in the school to use the phone and call me. Twice he had to walk about 5 miles to the house. This is by far the worst school I have ever encountered and hope that this review keep other parents away from it.

Bassett Middle School 5

Posted February 03, 2014
I am an eighth grader at Bassett, and this is my first year here. I absolutely love it! The people here are so nice, and everyone was talking to me the first day of school. My dad had heard that this wasn't a very good school, but I am happy I decided to go here. Our overall grades aren't very good, but the teachers are amazing. I have have had all A's this year, and I am also the editor for our school yearbook. Even if you are struggling in a subject, there is tutoring almost everyday after school. The school offers a variety of technology programs, such as dollars and sense, keyboarding, and a class just learning about technology, I have all three. I have never been bullied and there are amazing people here to become friends with. I would definitely recommend Bassett for anyone to attend.

Posted May 31, 2013
I was warned about this school before my daughter started by numerous people. I still gave it a chance. WORST decision ever made. Teachers are horrible and could care less about their job. School is way underfunded. 8th graders can't pass the 6th grade star test. I was warned, and will warn others please do not let your child even waste a year at this school.

Posted November 05, 2012
The only children who are happy, and excel in this school, are the children who are popular, well known, and strong. Parents only see what they want to see; their spoiled little brats happy, no matter how much they hurt the other children.

Bassett Middle School 3

Posted May 10, 2012
As a former student, I can say that based middle was like any other school. There is still issues, still problems. But I will flatly lay out the pros, and cons. Pros, good lunch, nice staff, a lot of freedom, such as walking during lunch, freedom during lunch, and it's not as grounded as other schools. Cons, Some teachers just don't care about the learning, lazy or not they will just pass you on, I didn't even learn any math and. I was passed on. Bullying, huge problem with that issue, Mexican and blacks somtimesMstart huge fights, like a big war. Kids will sometimes threaten you, but they never do anything, Mexicans make fun of whites. I was there for three years, the whole term.

Posted April 03, 2012
If I could get this school ZERO stars I would. I went against my better judgement and decided to let my daughter attempt to attend this school because it was what she really wanted. One month into the school year we had to pull her out because the bullying was out of control. I got no help from the school. I was even told my one administrator at the school that my daughter was found hiding in a corner holding a backpack over her head crying and then in the next breath she tried to say that my child may be the bully. Every single incident was made out to be no big deal and swept under the rug! I would never suggest the school as a good option to any parent!

Posted March 29, 2012
Bassett Middle has a bullying problem ..... Its the worse school I have ever sent my kid to

Posted January 23, 2012
The school has a bullying problem that was taken care of. But as far as the academic goes it does not exceeds the standards to the East where books are available and the children are learning at a higher pace. Plus, candy and slurpees are being sold during lunchtime in which the school tries to compensate for money needed for things that should matter. The PTA worries about replacing the Mascot uniform and a floormat of the school versus the problems of the bullying, education, and what is being sold during lunchtime. Military children are a federal aide number for funding as I see it, but next year not mine.

Bassett Middle School
4400 Elm Street, El Paso, TX  79930
Last modified Bassett Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bassett Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top