Posted February 11, 2014
Absolutely horrible school. Please if you can avoid it do not send our children here. my son was assigned this school because of our address and I am now looking to move simply because I could not take another year of their incompetence. We PCS'd (moved) here in August and from the start they failed to do their jobs properly. They lost my sons enrollement documents, so we had to have many meetings on his curriculum. They have no transition for students going from a structured elementary system to Middle school. Kids are just supposed to figure it out. This includes textbooks, which my son was told he had to go and get from the school librarian during his lunch time because they do not issue them out during class. There is little to none responsibility for when things go wrong, everyone wants to blame someone else. God forbid your child missed the bus home because they would not let him in the school to use the phone and call me. Twice he had to walk about 5 miles to the house. This is by far the worst school I have ever encountered and hope that this review keep other parents away from it.

Bassett Middle School 5

Posted February 03, 2014
I am an eighth grader at Bassett, and this is my first year here. I absolutely love it! The people here are so nice, and everyone was talking to me the first day of school. My dad had heard that this wasn't a very good school, but I am happy I decided to go here. Our overall grades aren't very good, but the teachers are amazing. I have have had all A's this year, and I am also the editor for our school yearbook. Even if you are struggling in a subject, there is tutoring almost everyday after school. The school offers a variety of technology programs, such as dollars and sense, keyboarding, and a class just learning about technology, I have all three. I have never been bullied and there are amazing people here to become friends with. I would definitely recommend Bassett for anyone to attend.

Posted May 31, 2013
I was warned about this school before my daughter started by numerous people. I still gave it a chance. WORST decision ever made. Teachers are horrible and could care less about their job. School is way underfunded. 8th graders can't pass the 6th grade star test. I was warned, and will warn others please do not let your child even waste a year at this school.

Posted November 05, 2012
The only children who are happy, and excel in this school, are the children who are popular, well known, and strong. Parents only see what they want to see; their spoiled little brats happy, no matter how much they hurt the other children.

Posted April 03, 2012
If I could get this school ZERO stars I would. I went against my better judgement and decided to let my daughter attempt to attend this school because it was what she really wanted. One month into the school year we had to pull her out because the bullying was out of control. I got no help from the school. I was even told my one administrator at the school that my daughter was found hiding in a corner holding a backpack over her head crying and then in the next breath she tried to say that my child may be the bully. Every single incident was made out to be no big deal and swept under the rug! I would never suggest the school as a good option to any parent!

Posted March 29, 2012
Bassett Middle has a bullying problem ..... Its the worse school I have ever sent my kid to

Posted January 23, 2012
The school has a bullying problem that was taken care of. But as far as the academic goes it does not exceeds the standards to the East where books are available and the children are learning at a higher pace. Plus, candy and slurpees are being sold during lunchtime in which the school tries to compensate for money needed for things that should matter. The PTA worries about replacing the Mascot uniform and a floormat of the school versus the problems of the bullying, education, and what is being sold during lunchtime. Military children are a federal aide number for funding as I see it, but next year not mine.

Posted August 30, 2011
My son was beat up during the first week of school because he "looked " at a kid wrong. And what did the principle do...nothing. They acted as if i should be grateful that it wasnt anything worse. excuse me but one drive up the road to even get to this deplorable school will tell you why your child should not attend here. The academics are a joke and the drama and bullys that rule socially at this school are not worth the problems they keep creating. stay far far away. To many military kids fighting with the local kids , drugs and other issues abound. while i know it can happen anywhere the difference is itisnt handked well here by the administration. to many chances given on serious violations.

Bassett Middle School 4

Posted November 14, 2010
I heard a lot of bad things about Bassett and NOT one of them turned out to be true. My son is very happy there and we are moving out of Bassett's dirstrict and he is not going to change to a different school. He is in the gifted program and the teachers and staff are great. It's all up to the child what they make of it.

Posted February 02, 2010

Bassett Middle School
4400 Elm Street, El Paso, TX  79930
Last modified Bassett Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bassett Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 33 reviews.