Bad
Good

I love Canyon Middle School!@ I had two children to attend and in fact one of them won "Canyon Hills All Girl" award that is still hanging in the hall. One of them was product of Parks Elementary school and the teachers were great at communicating between each schools on their students and their abilities and accomplishments. They were very hands on with my children and provided great support, encouragement and guidance on their curriculum. When they left Canyon Hills on to Irvin High School they were well equipped academic wise in fact excelling to the top 5% of their class year. My Godson is now attending Canyon Hills Middle School and I can only see his academic skills be further enhances by his interaction with the quality of teachers there and leadership. Way to go Canyon Hills for being leaders in the education of our children. Very satisfied and extremely happy parent! RH

I'll say that Canyon is one of the best schools not because I went there, but because teachers their really care for you and your grades. They focus on the student in how he/she do in the class and try their best in a way to help them. I used to have low grades in my class, but when I went to Canyon Hills, the teachers helped me a lot of the times. Then seventh grade came and I was then able to be in G.T. and started to participate in programs that had me representing the school. A student like me, started off in a very low level, then with the help of the teachers helped me to start high school with pre-AP classes of biology, geometry, english, and world geography. So I shouldn't say that Canyon is a horrible school, but an outstanding one where you can achieve greater things that you didn't think yoou could.

As a whole, EPISD doesn't value parental input. Although my child is a 7th grader, I'm ultimately responsible for his education. If I ask the teachers for a lesson plan or hw assignment in advanced, or a simple e-mail/telephone call, they all make it awfully difficult if not impossible. It's ridiculous that simple tasks as communication is an issue. The teachers expect parents to be poor, uneducated, and ignorant. I think it's a poor excuse of an american education system.

It's okay. There's a lot of fights and things like that, but the education in great; the teachers are excellent in what they teach.

this school is the best! my education has gotten so much better since i have attended this campus! the teachers are so cool!

I cant believe what you guys say about this school, lets look at the positive sides, 8th graders got the highest score in Math and Science test in the whole district, the 7th graders did average, and the 6th graders were close to average. This school is not that bad if you really know whats going on

yes, this school is very awesome. they were recognized last school year and have improved. the priniciple believes that if you can believe you can achieve. it is shown in the math club which is ranked 5th in the state of texas,the volleyball team which is doing very good, and the excellent GT program.

I've had two children attend Canyon HIlls (and I have also subbed), and I think the discipline is really weak. I think they put so much negative energy in running this school, and have forgotten to inspire and build up their students.

The teachers are apethetic. The kid's test scores are horrible. Hopefully the new principal will help.

Last modified Canyon Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.