El Paso, TX

Posted May 26, 2010
I have much respect for the Principle, he really cares for the students. I do however have concerns on how the majority of the teachers & staff address the students. I have throughtout the year brought up my concerns about students being yelled at instead of redirected in a positive way. Parental involvement is still limited but the potential is there if it is organized right. Overall it has gotten better as the year comes to an end but it has been a long road to get here. My advice to incoming parents is to stay involved and talk to your kids to find out what is going on at the school.

Posted July 17, 2009
The teachers and staff are very friendly and work well with each other for the children. I put three children through Collins and like the school very much.

Posted July 16, 2009
2008 was my daughters first year attending school. Early my youngest sister attended the school so this was the school I choose for my daughter. She really enjoyed school and had no complaints. Mr Horan the school principal is a very pleasant individual and seems to sincerly care for our childrens needs. I strongly believe that in order for anything to suceed in life u have to start with the head and the feet will follow. Also for 09 they are starting a new dual education class for parents and students that are interested in being biligual. This is very interested I myself have enrolled my daughter into this program in which the school gave a briefing on the new program. Overall my daughter enjoyed her time and that is what made it worth while....God Bless

Collins Elementary School 0

Posted June 22, 2008
Collins is a great place to learn! All my children have had the opportunity to attend there and I know they loved it. Mr. Horan and Mrs. Dawson offered a safe and welcoming environment for my daughter andshe will miss you all. She only hopes that middle school will be as great.

Collins Elementary School 2

Posted January 22, 2008

Posted December 30, 2006
I spoke with my child about her experiences at her school. She has told me that lunch time is too short to finish her lunch. She also expressed a mounting pressure in regards to testing. The fact that there is not enough stress relief is creating more problems than good.

Posted September 19, 2006
I have recently been having lunch with my children in the school cafeteria and I have noticed that the children are not given enough time to properly eat their lunch. They are serving good lunches to the students and that makes me happy, I just wish that the children had more time to finish their lunches before they were shuffled outside for reeces.

Collins Elementary School 2

Posted March 03, 2006
This is an average school. With some great and some not so great teachers. The Science Lab is great, Ms Keith really cares about the childrens' learning. The school doesn't take a hard enough stance with the school bully situation though. The library has a great selection of books in both English and Spanish.

Collins Elementary School 5

Posted January 04, 2004
As a mentor, I've had the opportunity to work and observe in the science lab at Collins. I have been repeatedly impressed by the quality of lessons that these students experience each time they attend lab. The effort put forth to plan and implement the lessons is tremendous. The cooperation and support from the classroom teachers and the principal has made the work in the science lab just that much more effective. Keep up the good work at Collins!

Posted December 03, 2003
My grandson had a poor experience in kindergarten. As a result, we have had to work very hard boosting his self esteem. This year he has an excellent teacher who works very hard and is very enthusiast. She makes classroom work fun incorporating singing and dancing as part of the learning experience. We are very pleased with her.

Collins Elementary School
4860 Tropicana Avenue, El Paso, TX  79924
Last modified Collins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Collins Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top