Bad
Good

Great teachers, great office staff, GREAT SCHOOL!!! I'm very proud of the Pre-K teacher (Mrs. Madrid). She is very dedicated with her job, an excellent teacher. The education that she provides to my daughter was the best ever. We are so thankful, she is the BEST!!

The School is Great. It is A Great Enviroment For Anyone.

I have been very pleased with Nixon Elementary. The teachers are very attentive to the individual student, ensuring a positive learning experience. I have felt very welcome by the staff and teachers. I have a fourth grader and a first grader, and both my children have been challenged, encouraged and cared for by loving and gifted teachers and staff. We moved here from Fairfax County, VA, and I am happy to say that Nixon Elementary measures up well.

This school is very good. The principal takes time out to spend with the children everyday. He is very visible in the school and he has pantence and gets respect for it. The Vice principal is very good also. The staff appears to be a close nit unit. The office staff is one of the most effecient I have seen. Most teachers I have experienced are caring and really want the students to learn and will do what they have to for their class. This school is excellent when it comes to parent participation. That was one of the most important concepts for our family. The PTA is excellent and the support between the school and the PTA President is outstanding. You can not ask for a better environment for your children.

The parents are really involved in their children's education and have an open door policy with the teachers. PTA provides many family activities. The curriculum is rigourous and teachers don't focus so much on the TAKS test but on a well rounded education.

New principal arrived May 2007. Library is wonderful - something for everyone. My children's teachers are personable and keep in touch (2nd grade & Kinder). Great community involvement from parents and Soldiers from neighboring Fort Bliss. Large population of military kids. School not as academically challenging as Alaska but it is good. Front desk staff could be more helpful.

I love this school, and my son too. The teachers and the staff are great. Is a very clean environment, we feel very secure on it.

This is a great school with many top-notch teachers. My daughters have been very happy there for many years. I highly recommend it.

This is a top rated school with an excellent faculty and staff. If I had to complain, it would be about students dressing like thugs and bad table manners in the lunch room. That is probably a reflection on the uninvolved parents more than the school.

Last modified Nixon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.