El Paso, TX

Posted June 21, 2012
Great teachers, great office staff, GREAT SCHOOL!!! I'm very proud of the Pre-K teacher (Mrs. Madrid). She is very dedicated with her job, an excellent teacher. The education that she provides to my daughter was the best ever. We are so thankful, she is the BEST!!

Posted June 16, 2008
The School is Great. It is A Great Enviroment For Anyone.

Nixon Elementary School

Posted May 08, 2008
I have been very pleased with Nixon Elementary. The teachers are very attentive to the individual student, ensuring a positive learning experience. I have felt very welcome by the staff and teachers. I have a fourth grader and a first grader, and both my children have been challenged, encouraged and cared for by loving and gifted teachers and staff. We moved here from Fairfax County, VA, and I am happy to say that Nixon Elementary measures up well.

Nixon Elementary School 4

Posted March 26, 2008
This school is very good. The principal takes time out to spend with the children everyday. He is very visible in the school and he has pantence and gets respect for it. The Vice principal is very good also. The staff appears to be a close nit unit. The office staff is one of the most effecient I have seen. Most teachers I have experienced are caring and really want the students to learn and will do what they have to for their class. This school is excellent when it comes to parent participation. That was one of the most important concepts for our family. The PTA is excellent and the support between the school and the PTA President is outstanding. You can not ask for a better environment for your children.

Posted June 24, 2007
The parents are really involved in their children's education and have an open door policy with the teachers. PTA provides many family activities. The curriculum is rigourous and teachers don't focus so much on the TAKS test but on a well rounded education.

Nixon Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2007
New principal arrived May 2007. Library is wonderful - something for everyone. My children's teachers are personable and keep in touch (2nd grade & Kinder). Great community involvement from parents and Soldiers from neighboring Fort Bliss. Large population of military kids. School not as academically challenging as Alaska but it is good. Front desk staff could be more helpful.

Posted May 16, 2007
I love this school, and my son too. The teachers and the staff are great. Is a very clean environment, we feel very secure on it.

Posted March 23, 2007
This is a great school with many top-notch teachers. My daughters have been very happy there for many years. I highly recommend it.

Posted September 19, 2006
This is a top rated school with an excellent faculty and staff. If I had to complain, it would be about students dressing like thugs and bad table manners in the lunch room. That is probably a reflection on the uninvolved parents more than the school.

Nixon Elementary School 3

Posted August 15, 2006
I think this school is average. A child that needs help in certain areas, should be helped and not removed from the resource room until the parent/teacher feels the student is ready. That's the only concern I have at this time and hopefully the last.

Nixon Elementary School
11141 Loma Roja Drive, El Paso, TX  79934
Last modified Nixon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nixon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top