Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The classes are crowded and the teachers (at least ours) was ineffective. A few random school employees had to step in and help her control her students it was that bad. She never communicated to us how our child was doing (after repeated attempts to speak to her). This is not a good or even average school, the children are treated like cattle and parents are ignored.

This school was a lot better then vista del sol, but still a down grade from many other elementary schools. My daughter was bullied and the staff didn't help much when I was in a car wreck, was severely injured and could no longer walk or drive my daughter to school. They said they could not provide transportation and that my 7 year old daughter could walk a mile by herself. To me this was horrible. I had no one to bring my daughter to and from school. I had to drop her out of school and enroll her into a homeschooling program. The staff was very difficult with me about dropping her... but i was not going to have her walk by herself and had no one to take her for me and the school would not provide transportation for a couple months until i could walk her again. This School is a lot better then neighboring schools and was a blessing when my daughter got transferred there, but still a lot of problems and ended up homeschooling until we move back home. Back hone the elementary schools strive to be the best of the best. Socorro school district seems fine with just being okay. They do not strive to be better or achieve greatness. Poorly organized and run schools and school district.

This is the first year my children attend O'shea and I'm actually very pleased. The school they belonged to last year was a mess. O'shea has new principal and I have met him due to my son miss behaving. I really liked how he and the rest of administration handled the situation. My son is doing a lot better. Instead of writing him off as a "bad boy," they worked with him and his self-esteem.

Here at o'shea I personaly think my child is having issues because of all the mean children,and the principal is doing nothing but saying she will give them detention.And another thing is the nurse is just saying a couple of words like~your fine~and then just sends them back to where they were.And one more thing,my child keeps coming home with a rash from her uniform(shes not alurgic to anything)and i think the children should not were uniforms and were whatever they want.

The principal is a very nice person. Although very busy, she is available when something serious is going on and needs addressing. I believe that some issues with the students could be handled a bit better by some teachers. Also, student safety is a bit concerning since I don't think its generalized throughout the school.

I am in the Military and while my kids think it is a tough school, I think it is pretty goo overall. It is fairly clean, new and seems to be a well rounded school. I think my kids don't like it because it is a bit more challenging than the DOD school they previously attended.

Last modified O'shea Keleher Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.