Elfida Chavez Elementary School 3

Posted January 15, 2009
Elfida Chavez is by far one of the better schools in the area in respect to academics, however the principal as well as the parking situation leave much to be desired. When you have over 1000 children attending a school, and no bus system, and only about 45 parking spaces it leads to a daily disaster. The school sits on a main road and in both the morning drop off as well as the afternoon pickup , the line is backed up halfway down the road causing congestion confusion as well as aggravation. The people who stand outside directing traffic and waving people through are nasty and im sorry to say but on a weekly basis i see cops pulling people over, accidents and other traffic snafus that are all based on the poor drop off pick up parking situation. Principal is flat out unprofessional.

Elfida Chavez Elementary School 5

Posted November 21, 2007
My husband is military so my girls switch schools a lot. We felt that this is the best school that we have been to. I love the all year round schedule because it felt like we always got a refreshing break. The ladies in the front office were always nice and helpful. The teachers that my girls had went above and beyond their job description to help children. The kids that were good got special treats so instead of just disciplining the bad kids the good kids were not left out. All and all, Elfida was by far a great school and I wish that more schools would conduct their school days like that.

Elfida Chavez Elementary School 4

Posted May 06, 2007
I think principals need to conduct more walk throughs in classrooms. I think that the Reading First Grant programs that are currently used for Reading are terrible. They have a potential of 'turning off' kids from reading. It does not differentiate enough amongst the multilevel readers. The school has improved greatly in the area of Math and Science. I think teaching in these areas has improved greatly. This school does not subscribe to Math programs geared to teaching TAKS, but the teaching is more learner centered. I just think that the leadership of the school needs to conduct more visits to the classroom. How else will they know what really is going on in the classroom?

Elfida Chavez Elementary School
11720 Pebble Hills Boulevard, El Paso, TX  79936
Last modified Elfida Chavez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elfida Chavez Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top