El Paso, TX

William D Slider Middle School 4

Posted February 23, 2010
Army mom: This school has high academic standards and has an enforced anti-bullying policy. The fine arts and sports programs have all recieved awards. Most teachers go above and beyond for academic success. School does lack military partnership and services for military children.

William D Slider Middle School 5

Posted June 18, 2009
My daughter graduated from high scool in 2008 but went to Slider for 3 years. Slide was great! Mr. Ferguson, the principal, was the best principal we ever came across. As a parent, if you take some time to really get involved in the school and learn the personalities, it becomes easy to see when people do this for the right reasons. Mr. Ferguson has a love for education, and for running a school that services the children. I saw all kinds of creativity and individuality allowed. Nothing but praise and great memories of our Slider experience.

Posted October 05, 2008
The core of teachers that my son has are outstanding, in particularly his language arts teacher. I have yet to come across an adult who speaks poorly of the administration. My son speaks highly of all the administrators, especially the male assistant principal.

Posted January 23, 2008
While this school boasts high test scores and lots of sports awards, how it is accomplished is often at the emotional and academic expense of the students. Teacher pleasers do well, however individuality is not welcome even in high achieving students.

William D Slider Middle School 1

Posted May 10, 2007
The special ed department of this school is truly a nightmare. If I could I would rather change my child to another school.

William D Slider Middle School 2

Posted July 15, 2004
I think this school is ok but does not make everyone comply with uniform policy!And some of the teachers treat some students different than others.

11700 School Lane, El Paso, TX  79936
Last modified William D Slider Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William D Slider Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top