Bad
Good

My son attended this school and he did not learn anything the whole year he attended pre-K. His teacher never gave my son positive reinforcement and only focused on negative behavior, which only influences more negative behavior. In addition, I mentioned to the teacher early in the school year that my son has speech problems and that it seems as though he has some learning diablities. However, speech therapy wasn't addressed til March and the learning disability was never addressed at all. Plus he became very scared to enter the classroom about half way into the school year and went from liking school in the beginning to terrified of school after a teacher aid switch. Also, after trying to address these issues to the principal, an appointment was made and then cancelled with a reason that principal had another meeting to attend at central office. My husband and I decided it would be best to just withdraw him and place him in a private school to see if we could catch him up and get him ready in time for kinder. We went to the school at the time we were suppose to have the meeting to find that the principal was there and never had the meeting at central office. Plus while withdrawing him principal signed the paperwork but never came out to talk to us about the these issues. I don't recommend this school to anyone.

I'm so sad that we are being stationed somewhere else, for next year schooling :( My daughter has had so much fun and is doing so great! She went from struggling with c average, before being stationed here. But now shes an A/B honor roll and has been for the past two years being here! The teachers are fantastic and the staff <3 She enjoyed this school so much and had the most fun out of all the schools shes been to (shes been to quite a few) (military family). Bye Bye East Point :( GO SPARTANS!! WOOT WOOT! :)

Sorry, wrong school. I meant another East Point. I have no knowledge of this one. I hope Greatschools will take this review down soon.

ive noticed some change and its going great at this school!! my kid has so much fun and the teachers and everyone are very nice and welcoming :) my kid loves it here and i know its had its downs but i believe they are working on it and is doing great cause ive seen some big changes!! its not perfect but what school is..

From August to November, my Kindergartener has had his class go through 3 different teachers, been bullied, and charged $ for library books the teacher had in her desk. In spite of pleading for help from each teacher, principle, and even a counselor, NOTHING was done. Coaches sitting and chatting during P.E. when bullying was happening. Finally had to pull him out. Apologies from everyone without any actions are meaningless. Pls watch out for this school.

I'm very pleased with East Point. The staff is very helpful and care about the students.

Bar none, this is the worst school I have ever seen. We got stationed here six weeks before our daughter finished Kindergarten. We came from one of the best schools in our previous state. We were completely disgusted with East Point from day one. The admin lady is terrible to deal with, the teacher barely spoke English, and our daughter, who has several learning disabilities and is speech delayed, received no help. The kids there are mean, bullies abound, and nobody does anything about it. The school lacks diversity. The drop-off and pick-up procedures are terrible. You have to park in some neighborhood and walk to the school to get your kid. It's no fun when you've got a other kids. I have never seen anything so cut rate. We don't do public school anymore after seeing what we saw at East Point.

I love East Point, specially the dual language program...love it!!...my 2 kids speaks both english and spanish very good... I highly recomend this program....sad part is that Im moving to another state....excellent teachers and Mrs Kennedy is an excellent Principal...

My two younger brothers and 8 nieces and nephews have gone to that school and now my daughter is there. Its a good school i have no complaints.

Last modified East Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.