Bad
Good

It has bilingual programs and a highly devoted staff. Also collaborations with higher education programs such as professors at UTEP to promote STEM initiatives from an early age.

My older daughter is in 6th, younger daughter in 1st. Both have attended since PreK and I have been nothing but pleased at the education, attention and support they receive every year. Each teacher has been excellent and devoted to education in spite of state STAAR red tape. Lots of activities for students not common at other schools in the area plus lots of school pride. Highest recommendation from me.

My children attended K and 2nd grade at this school. I was so dismayed by the lack of education and attention that the children receive at this school. We are a military family and have moved around, we recently came from TN. When I saw this schools rating was an 8/10 I was overjoyed. The ratings were far better than the school we left, but upon entering the school system I realized that the scores are apparently meaningless. Before the year was up we moved again to KY and I was dismayed and heartbroken to find out that after 7 months of school at EHES that my children were behind in their new school, a new school with a rating of 4/10!!! The other K students in my sons class could read simple sentences, write simple sentences, and perform two digit addition and subtraction. Through the help of my son's new K teacher at the KY school we had a telephone PTC with his old teacher and EHES and found out that IT IS NOT TX standard for K students to be able to accomplish these tasks by completion of K, but in KY it is standard. Now my children must redo K and 2nd grade because of the lack of education at EHES and in TX! What's sad is that I really can add more to this...

My son is a transfer student. The Dual Language program at this school is excellent. It would be nice if they offered more languages though. They have an Exemplary rating. I also love the Mother and Son Dance! It's a nice, clean and small school. As far as school lunch goes, theirs is pretty good. Breakfast is free to all students.

I feel that this school has been truly great for my child. The faculty is full of excellent teachers that do a great job of motivating their students to learn organizational skills and to do well in a curriculum that stresses high levels of achievement. The office staff also deserves to be recognized for their always pleasant and cheerful disposition when dealing with parents and students. This school offers many opportunities for both parents and students to participate in extracurricular activities that help to develop a child's interest in more than just scholarly pursuits which result in well-rounded students. I am extremely happy that my child is able to attend such a wonderful school!

I feel safe leaving my daughter at school, which is hard to come by these days. The school reminds me of how things were when I was a kid with a lot of activities and involvement.

My son is a returning student @ Eastwood Heights Elementary. This year was not as great as his first year. The teacher are great there but the office staff are not so friendly!!!! My son will not be returning next year!

This was our first year at Eastwood Heights. It has been a positive experience for my child. The atmosphere is welcoming and there are a lot of ways parents can get involved. The PTA is awesome!

love the teachers and principle - very involved and motivating

Last modified Eastwood Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.