Bad
Good

Posted October 07, 2008
Riverside High School is a place that i can call my home. I love this school!

Posted October 01, 2007
excellent school all my children are going there and each and one of them graduated from this school.

Posted July 15, 2007
I graduated from this high school on the year 2005. Classes are well given. Instructors are interested on the learning of students. There is band, choir, dance classes as well as football, baseball, tennis, swimming, track, volleyball and ROTC. The parent involvement is at a medium level.

Posted January 12, 2007
Riverside High School is one of many schools that put their student goals before there own, I have a child that attends the school and when he has any type of academic problems the teachers there jump at the change to show him how to do it and they don't quit until he understands. The principal (including the assistant principals) together with the security in that school makes a parent feel very secure about having their kids there, they assure you (and make good on their words) that your child will be safe. The extracurricular activities there is phenomenal, the kids there can learn anything from music to construction, you can't be bored. When my husband went there back in 1990 there was alot of Ranger pride and now, over 10 years later we still have that same pride!

Riverside High School 3

Posted May 09, 2006
Riverside High School is one of the best schools that any student will want to attend. not only students, but parents as well. Riverside is a big advantage for any student here because it offers programs for your future and programs that help you decide for you future. We have this new program we call 'The Magnet Program' It offers many things to help students get ready for college and our future. It may not be the biggest school, but that's a big advantage because we are all like a big family. Everybody knows everybody and it is really hard to start a fight with someone you see EVERYDAY!! Extracuricular activities are the best. I'm not in anything, but the students who are seem to be really happy and overall confident. We are especially known for our football team. This year we were 11-1. We played for state and came 2nd.

Riverside High School 4

Posted July 06, 2005
Riverside High School is the best thing that ever happened to YISD. The teachers, students, and community are like one big caring family. The education that students get here are amazing and 'Academically Acceptable' doesn't necessarily describe RHS. However, one improvement is finding a steady and caring principal that cares for RHS (like Mr. Nava)

Riverside High School 4

Posted April 21, 2005
great school, no matter what the rest of El Paso says (lower valley = bad reputation), but I graduated from here and went to a top school in Texas, and have just been accepted to the med school of my choice. My cousin graduated from here and is a Harvard graduate. It's not where you go, it's what YOU DO. I loved it here, despite negative commments. Many involvement opportunities and the vocational school is great if you're interested. The different 'institutes' are helpful also, and can be very helpful depending on your career interests.

Posted April 21, 2005
I graduated from here, was accepted into the college of my choice (NOT UTEP) and I am performing well in college. RHS is NOT a low performing school, as many people might think. We have one of the best Speech and Debate Teams, and our Chemistry Olympics team constantly brings the first prizes in competitions (I was in it, so I know), our athletic teams are great and there are high quality teachers. The bad reputation comes from people who judge without knowing. It's not so much where you go to school, but what YOU DO to GET INVOLVED and to LEARN. And in RHS I never lacked opportunities to do either of those two.

Riverside High School 3

Posted August 25, 2003
good school you guys just need to get yourselfs noticed more

Posted August 19, 2003
As a RHS graduate, I can tell you that Riverside has one of the best body of students that always outperform other schools in different competitions, such as Speech and Debate, Football, Chemistry Olympics, and Student Council, not to mention that we had one of the highest scholarship and financial aid awards for students, who deserve it. It is definetely one of the best, if not the best, schools in the district and in El Paso area.

Riverside High School
301 Midway Drive, El Paso, TX  79915
Last modified Riverside High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.