Bad
Good

My daughter is a 7th grader at DVMS and she is very engaged in school, her Spanish Teacher Mrs. A is one of the best teachers in that school. Great principal and staff!

Hey there ! I attended DVMS last year, and my little brother is there now ! It is truley one of the best schools I've ever attended. The teachers are always available, and will clear their schedules for their students. The kids there are nice and well disiplined. A very stict system is set up for the troulbe makers. Fights are extremely rare. We have a great chess team, Band, Orchestra, Art, and AVID program. DVMS is recognized, and has an amazing program called Youth Impact teaching kids to not smoke or do drugs in fun, creative ways. I highly reccomend this school!

Awsome school. I love it so much.All the teachers will help you when your in neesd. Students are well behaved.

I was really worried for my son to attend middle school. Everybody recommended this school, yet it is way out of our area. When I met the front office, the assistant principal, and principal I was impressed. There is an expectation for excellence in this school. As I met the teachers and understood the culture I know now why this is one of the premier schools in Texas. The teachers care, the kids love to go to school, and they are challenged. I drive from another side of town to have my son attend this school. It is worth it! We are excited about his eighth grade year and we hope it will be as fun as his 7th. This school wins everything, band, dance, choir, orchestra, and all athletics. They have a focus on excellence like I have never seen.

Desert View is the best! The quality of academic programs is excellent. They have very understanding and caring teachers. Everybody there gets involved one way or the other to make sure that your child is doing his or her best. The extracurricular activities are also very good and there are plenty of things your child can participate in. I particularly like their music program as in Choir. They have the best teacher ever! I as a parent got very much involved with that particular program and had a lot of fun and enjoyed listening to the students sing. Both the Principal and Assistant Principal really go out of their way to make sure your child feels safe, and any problem that arises they take care of it right away. I would recommend this school to everyone who wants their child to come out ahead in life. This is the start.

Last modified Desert View Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.