El Paso, TX
Students enrolled: 1,843

Posted June 01, 2012
Del Valle High School is a great school. The closed campus idea is great for academic learning. The building is in great shape for a campus that has been around for over 20 years. The teachers actually care and work with students, the types of classes offered are varied and do prepare students for college. I interviewed several school principles before choosing to put my daughter in this school and I am glad I did. If you are moving to this area I HIGHLY recommend this school.

Posted November 13, 2010
This is a great school academically and in everything else as well. I really ebjoy attending Del Valle High School.

Posted February 11, 2009
The school is awesome. Mr. Lopez is a fabulous principal. The scores are moving way up and I want to say will be the highest in the city. The new magnet program is really growing. Go Big Bad Blue!

Posted March 02, 2007
I will finish stating here what didn't fit on the other comment. I love DV, and have much pride for it, I still visit the school, teacher's, friends, and often wear school representative attire. I understand that the school doesn't have the best test scores in the state, but in My opinion, I think it is the safest school and most disciplined school on the eastside and lower valley. I have friends that graduated alongside me and are attending Harvard, Williams, Brown, UT just to name a few. The school will prepare your child for college, but the best success/results come FROM PARTICIPATING IN AP COURSES. Colleges now take priority favoring AP students when it comes time to the admission process. Plus they would like to see how the student manages time whether it be a job or extra-curricular activities. Good Luck.

Posted October 28, 2006
Del Valle High is one of the best high schools in the lower valley. The campus is in great condition after being in use for 20 yrs and counting. Almost every year, the district upgrades the school. This school year (06-07) the district is upgrading all the restrooms through out the school, planting trees around the entire campus, building a new field house, a new 3 story science wing, a new theatre and fine arts wing. The education is great. About three years ago, Del Valle was listed as an Exemplary School. The sports are also great. The football team goes to the playoffs every season and in 2005 our boys soccer team won a Texas State Championship. Overall, this is a great school Still an excellent school though! -GO CONQUISTADORES!

Del Valle High School 3

Posted June 26, 2005
Its a great school- could use some remodeling.

Del Valle High School
950 Bordeaux Drive, El Paso, TX  79907
Last modified Del Valle High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Del Valle High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top