El Paso, TX

Posted February 11, 2015
this school is horrible the teacher singled my daughter out all year because she has dyslexia i found out her son also was in her class and she gave him the best attention we had a meeting and she said her son also has dyslexia and he was passing and there was no excuse for my daughter. HELLO! of course he was passing she is his teacher! at the end of the year she passed out awards and my daughter did not get one and her son got like 12 i tried talking to the principle and no one seem to care my daughter is in another school now and she is A/B honor roll

Posted February 04, 2015
This school is horrible with communication. There is no supervision during lunch. They put my child, a kindergartener, on a daycare van and she doesn't go to daycare. She was supposed to be on the bus and dropped off at home but when the bus arrived I had no idea where she was. I had to call the school to ask and no one knew what happened. Eventually they located her, but she did not return to me until an hour and a half after she was put on the daycare van. The principal is always MIA and the staff is always rude. Good news is that I have heard good things about some teachers, but that is a hit or miss.

Desertaire Elementary School 5

Posted January 18, 2015
In regards to my previous post, 5 stars for the quality of life but only 2 on education standards at Desertaire. Hopefully in due time the education standards at Desertaire will rise up to meet the demands because when that happens it will be a much sought after school. The school has a lot of potential yet it is falling short. Concerning education, my child is expected to turn in a science project when he has never been given a science book or given any science homework. So how am I to track his progress? It also leaves me and other parents with the burden of doing much of the science fair project for them as opposed to helping them. The science fair will account for a large portion of the grade so it must be done. STEM subjects need to be focused on at Desertaire in order to have an accurate assessment in grading that reflects the aptitude level of the student in the subject of science and not the parents during the science fair. My child is given only spelling and reading assignments and little math for homework and is given a whole week to turn in the work. No social studies or science. 5 stars for quality of life 2 for education.

Posted November 21, 2014
This school does not act like most schools in Texas. They do not respect parents and still have a huge problem with bullying. The staff is extremely rude and the teachers need to retake their certification exams. English is the second language at this school. That should not be allowed in the United States. I cannot wait to pull my child out of this horrid excuse for a school.

Posted November 03, 2012
Administration is extremely rude. My daughter was bullied by other kids and no one took my complaints seriously. Former principal was good solid educator. The new one I am not sure about because in almost 3 months that my child is back to school I have never seen her there. Teachers twist everything around and blow things out of proportions. One female volunteer is always rude and acts as if she is a principal there (if I knew her name would definitely post it here). She harasses parents, yells, and disrespects the children. Next year my child definitely not returning there. Not a good or safe environment to be at. Shame on administration.

Posted October 16, 2012
This school has a major bullying problem, lack of commumication with parents, and dirty classrooms. My child got punched by a boy she didnt even know while waiting in line for the bus at school to take them home, apparently ther's no adult supervision at that time. Children are packed into tiny messy classrooms that are the size of a small preschool room. I have heard of bullying on the buses from other parents also. I have never had problems with my daughter at daycare or kindergarten at other schools shes been to but after only a month at Desertaire elementary my kid gets spat on and punched.

Posted August 28, 2012
My daughter attended this school last year, and not much seems to have changed. I pulled her out as soon as I was able to. The staff was very rude and disrespectful, communication with the parents was horrid, and the safety of the children was always an issue. Good luck, and be as involved as you can to minimize the damage to your child and ensure a better experience.

Desertaire Elementary School 3

Posted August 16, 2012
School needs a lot of improvement. Teachers are good but administration is horrible. Assistant principal (Ms. Ramirez) is rude and disrespectful. I do not like that they do not allow parents in school and when release kids there is not enough supervision.

Posted April 20, 2011
The class rooms are messy and unorganized. This school has so much to improve and they need to update the teachers with better education for the students.

Posted September 29, 2010
This school has a bad way in communicating back with parent and keeping control of the children when parents drop them off. There is no supervision at the time parents drop them off which caused an incident where my child of kindergarden got choked by four 5th and 6th graders. This was reported to the administration and still nothen has been done, not even a call from the principal in over a week. Their exuse is "she is to busy" When I comfronted the secretary for the 2nd time about the unsupervised children she told me that they were overloaded with over 100 kids and that they needed more volunteers to help watch the students. All of this happened because they do not allow parents to drop off their children in the classroom but at the front door.

Desertaire Elementary School
6301 Tiger Eye Drive, El Paso, TX  79924
Last modified Desertaire Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desertaire Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top