PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Posted June 04, 2015 - a community member I wanted to like this school but am very disappointed. We moved here from another state where my child attended another Catholic school an were not pleased with our experience here. There is a serious lack of communication at OLA. My concerns and e-mails about my child's progress were ignored and never responded to by the teacher. Requests for a meeting were also ignored. I asked to volunteer but was never contacted after putting my name on the list. Despite the classroom having just 12 student's the teacher often seemed overwhelmed by her class and nonchalant at the same time. My child's grades went from all A's and B's to C's, D's, and F's in just one semester at this school. We will not return and do not recommend this school.

We are extremely pleased with our experience with Our Lady of Assumption school. My child started the school career in Europe, and Our Lady was an excellent way to integrate to schooling here. We researched every school in the area as we are discerning parents and want the the utmost of care and attention for our child. Academics must be reinforced at home, therefore I politely disagree with another reviewer about outdated curriculum. If the parents are partners in education and are involved, the children will succeed. This school provides every opportunity for parental involvement and I do not feel they are overly focused on fund raising. Each child gets individual attention and there is an assistant in class as well as a teacher. There are opportunities for tutoring at lunch and recess as well. The class sizes are not too big. The children are not treated as cattle, and the staff are not rude and jaded as has been our experience visiting other schools. I highly recommend this school to military families as they are very accommodating to the needs of military family life. There is also Army SAS bus transport before and after school.

Our Lady of Asumption is a wonderful school. I have three children there. The middle school offers challenging classes and the elementary school has caring teachers. Fund raising is minimal compared to other private and public schools. The school has a great family atmosphere. The students attend mass weekly and they participate in community service projects throughout the year. I would highly recommend OLA to anyone wanting a great education at a very resonable price.

I had two children in this school. The curriculum is somewhat outdated, and the majority of the kindergarden class was not reading until early May. The teachers seem unhappy, and a lot of focus is placed on the uniform policies and fundraisers, not academics. I was very dissapointed

The best thing about Our Lady of Assumption School is the individualized attention that each child gets. The teachers are wonderful, caring and very knowledgeable. If a great education is what you want to offer your child, then this is the school where you as a parent would want your child to be!!!

OLA has a 'family' atmosphere! Its small classes and loving teachers really make a difference in the learning of the students. Everyone at OLA is happy to be a 'saint' and we show it by representing our school proudly. Several memebers of my family have and do attend OLA presently. To us, OLA is part of our family! In El Paso, OLA will always remain the treasure at the foot of the mountain!!

this school is not good the food is bad and pe is not educational its needs alot of work

My daughter has been at OLA since Pre-K and is now in 1st grade. All of her teachers and the principle have been wonderful. This school is a hidden gem near the edge of the mountains.

My son just started Kindergarten and the teacher and principal have been wonderful. He had a hard first two days and they worked with us to get him through and now he is doing great. As a over protective 1st time mother, I am confident my husband and I made the right choice in choosing this school.

I have three children at Assumption, Pre-K, 2nd and 3rd grade. The wonderful principal and Pre-K teacher took in my son who has a very mild degree of autism and have worked wonders with him (in conjunction with his regular therapy). The priest is very hands on and is great with the children. They are teaching my 2nd grade daughter leadership skills and my other son, who is in the 3rd grade loves his friends and school. OLA is hidden gem located on the foothills of the Franklin Mountains. Highly recommend to all Fort Bliss families. OLA works with families who may need help with tuition costs.

Last modified Our Lady Of Assumption School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8