No rating

Radford School

Private | 1-12

Living in El Paso

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $82,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $580.

Posted February 13, 2009

this school is excellent,the kids starting from seventh grade take PSAT prep classes!!this is the best school i highly recomend it here

Posted February 2, 2009

One of my children chose to go to public school (YISD) while the other was dead set on private. What a difference! Radford has my child preparing to take her PSAT and is only in 7th grade as opposed to my other child whose school counselor told me 'not to worry about it' till 10th grade. The other will be attending Radford next year. The students at Radford are not only 'learning' how to take exams but are taught dining etiquette, arts and music. PreK are taught how to swim as well. Some see this methodology a bit antiquated but in todays society many parents and educators have forgotten the meaning of refinement and education. Something Radford emphasizes for a better groomed and well prepared adult. No, Radford cannot compare to public schools when it comes to athletics and some extra curricular activities. For academics Radford has the advantage.

Posted December 18, 2008

Curriculum in lower grades lacks rigor and discipline in some cases. Look around before deciding.

Posted April 23, 2008

My son really loves the school. And I am very happy because he has learn so much and he is only in kindergarden.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 13, 2007

I have had my son at Radford for a few years now. Where the public schools failed my son in social interaction, Radford had picked up and made him part of the overall family. Radford is overall a quality school that focuses on a family like environment in my opinion and I do not regret enrolling him there. Radford continues to invest in the academic programs that the public schools have since abandoned (Art and Music to be exact). The piano and computer labs are pretty good and most parents involve themselves in the school activities.

Posted June 30, 2007

The school is going down hill very fast. The adminstration does little to help kids with college applications; I know of one student who had a very tough time getting the director to write a letter of recommendation. I will give the school one more year, then I'm moving the kids unless there is a big turn around.

Posted May 17, 2007

I attended this school for only a year and a half. It was definitely not what I expected. The only way to get involved in extracirricular activities was to demand them. I did get involved in several clubs/activities, but they were not coached or even funded, we saved our money or asked our parents for money to enroll in competitions. I had three excellent teachers, but by the time I left, two of them had left as well. My parents did not think a thing was wrong until I fully explained everything and they checked into it for themselves. I transfered to a public school,now in college on full scholarship.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted June 9, 2006

My children have attended Radford school and I know that the teachers and administration are very caring and willing to work individually with each child to insure personal academic success. Sports are not a priority at Radford, education is. Many times people post comments merely to complain, but I must tell you, I am very satisfied with the education my children have received and my oldest is now in college and doing very well. I can thank all the teachers who take an interest in their students.

Posted June 9, 2006

I am very impressed with Radford School. The teachers and administration are very caring people who are willing to do whatever it takes to educate children. If you are looking for a safe environment with a good educational foundation Radford is the place. If you are interested in sports, Radford encourages everyone to participate instead of picking only the best; and their sports are limited. I am very pleased with the education my child is recieving.

Posted June 9, 2006

My child has been at Radford for several years. the one-on-one attention and challenging academics are just part of a great school. Lunch is a dining experience. We love it.

Posted April 11, 2006

Radford School does not hold up to its highly reputable name. The quality of education deteriorates with each grade level. Elementary schoolers are the only ones not getting cheated. Middle and upper schoolers will be deprived more than any average public schooler. The academics are sub par and the social skills of about half the students are absolutely horrific. There are hardly any extracurricular activities. Bottom line: This school is a waste of seven thousand dollars.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 23, 2006

I only toured this school, but it has very good facilities and the children are expected to be polite (the children stand and greet visitors). The library is average sized, but very nice. There is an indoor pool and all students are taught to swim. Also has very good music/arts facilities. The campus is very safe- surrounded by a iron fence with only one entrance available during the day. Also in a very nice part of El Paso, but very close to Ft. Bliss if stationed there.

Posted February 7, 2006

Just a name, not impressed with academics or extracurricular activities.

Posted January 12, 2006

I think Radford is by far the best privet school in El Paso. The teachers care about students and we are under one of the best directors since Dr. Templin. I really do enjoy and recommend this school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 9, 2003

This is an excellent school. The teachers truly care about the students!

Asian or Pacific Islander 7% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Fax number
  • (915) 565-2730

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2001 Radford Street