El Paso, TX

Posted March 06, 2014
What a great school! The staff are wonderful, the parents are involved and the academics are stellar. You can really get involved in your child's education at this school. My daughter just loves the trap and skeet team. What an experience. There are plenty of activities o keep the student engaged. Thanks Radford School!

Posted March 06, 2014
I love my school! Thanks to our math teacher I actually like math for the first time and I enjoy my other classes too. What I enjoy the most are my friends. I have made some great friends at this school. Oh, and the lunch is the best too!

Posted December 12, 2013
Our family was considering a move from one El Paso neighborhood to another and did not want our daughters to be tied to one geographic area. We could not have made a better choice! The students come from a variety of areas and backgrounds. The teachers are caring and professional and the academic program is first rate.

Posted September 17, 2013
I sent my children to Radford School to escape the inane testing in the public schools. All they did was test prep. No real teaching occurred. My children love Radford! They are getting a top-notch education, classes are small, etiquette classes are taught, and they are both in band and swimming. The administration and teachers are so friendly and helpful. I am sorry we didn't come sooner!

Posted April 30, 2013
My children have been attending this school for two years, coming from a slightly larger private school in another city. The high school education is top notch due to AP classes, Academic Decathlons, PSAT's taken by everyone, award-winning science fair participants and very experienced educators. 100% of graduating seniors attend college. Every year. How many public schools can brag about that? Lunch time, as you've read in other reviews, is like no other school. Parents are very involved, even in high school. And no, there is no bullying. Kids are made to feel welcome and joke with each other, but in no way is it bullying. It is the only school in this entire area with a Trap and Skeet Team. In its first year it has already won awards and is for both boys and girls. The band, even though it's only in its 2nd year, has also won awards. The swim team is made up of all grades and is competing and winning (school has an indoor olympic sized pool). So what if they don't have a football team - these and other activities still make it a great school!

Posted April 23, 2013
Excellent school! I think I finally found the best school in El Paso. Reading the other comments, I have to say I am a bit surprised. I brought up some concerns with a couple of rogue students with ties to my daughter's previous school and their attempts at continued bullying. The Principal Mr. Doran, Mrs. Stephens, and Mrs. Gilbert--all school heads, took each one of my concerns seriously. I was impressed by the attention given to each situation. Things can't always be perfect, but I did not have anyone belittle or ignore my concerns when I brought them up. A student was actually suspended for her bullying. My daughter transferred from Loretto Academy and I can tell you that school did not respond appropriately to concerns. What a waste of money. Radford has proven itself to be top notch. Right down to the family style dining--providing healthy and balanced meals for the students. The principal has an open door policy, which is great. I am now confident my daughter will be prepared academically, socially and spiritually and that is all that matters to me. I'll keep paying the price to keep her here in an environment that is safe, productive and inspiring. Thanks Radford!

Radford School 1

Posted March 31, 2013
Horrible school to put your child in. This school changes your child's personality. My older sister went to this school, and she really hated it so much. She had a friend who was bullied like crazy in this school, and when her friend left she left too. Her friend now has a hard time trying to make new friends and meeting new people, because her friend thinks what happened at Radford will happen in her friend's new school. "Im scared I be might asked to go away." "If I sit here, I might get yelled at and told to sit somewhere else." It all happened at Radford, and her friend thinks it will happen in other places. I would not recommend this school for anyone. Teachers and staff let it all happen and do not do anything about it. Public School is better.

Radford School 2

Posted March 15, 2013
Have to agree with the last reviewer. There is a huge culture of bullying. No real policies on bullying. Administrators seem to want to please everyone. Multiple complaints on a particular child by different parents yield no real actions. Too bad, this school has potential but has tired administrators who lack any real disciplinary directive. Many parents are not returning and are looking elsewhere.

Radford School 2

Posted December 14, 2012
had my son in radford,bad teachers and bad school education system,is better to have them in a public school,the only good thing the do well is teaching the manners,expensive and they dont encourage kids ,they give the kids good grades without any effort,when i took him out and put him in a public school my kid was a better student but it took him 1 year to be at same level of public because in radford he didint learn a lot.

Radford School 1

Posted August 09, 2012
My little sister went to this school, and she hated it. From what she would tell me about her friend, it sounds as if this school has so many bullying problems. She would describe them as, rude compliments, outnumbering others, nobody cares or watches out for each other, and more. The staff doesn't even care about the students or do they do anything about it. They just let it happen. Her friend hated it too. Her friend would come home sad and stressed all the time. Luckily, she made the right choice of going to a public high school.

Radford School