New World Montessori School

Private | PK-6

Living in El Paso

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $134,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Sweep tile

Posted October 15, 2012

The hardest part about moving was having to say goodbye to NWMS. For my wife and I, this school became the benchmark upon which every other school will be measured. My two children attended here from 8mo. to 2nd grade. And now, a year and a half later, they constantly say how much they miss it. The teachers, staff and faculty pour their hearts into what they do and it shows. They are committed to developing considerate, intelligent, respectful, caring, and well-rounded children using the Montessori method the way it was intended. Further, the school makes great efforts to educate parents in what the children are learning and how the materials benefit the developing mind. I cannot praise this school enough and only wish my children were able to stay longer.

Posted August 31, 2011

New World Montessori was such a blessing for our children. Both attended for 5 years and it instilled confidence and self esteem in them. I can not speak highly enough about the Guides (teachers), assistants, staff and especially the principal and vice-principal. I have such respect for them and their dedication to the children that attend the school. They take time monthly to create these curriculum seminars for the parents which educated us about what my children were learning and what the Montessori method was actually about. The materials are fascinating and I only wish I had learned math and science the way it is taught here, I might have enjoyed school more myself. I always felt my children were in a safe and loving environment. They were challenged everyday with the work materials provided and came home anticipating school the next day. My children LOVED going to school and asked repeatedly why they couldn't stay in after school care. Everyone at NWMS has a great love for what they do and I'm blessed that my children were able to begin their education with such outstanding educators.

Posted August 2, 2011

*Academically Please excuse my errors, I accidently pushed the submit button before editing. I do know how to spell. =)

Posted August 2, 2011

My opinion comes not from a parent but from a student who attended this school. This school is excellent! The foundation to my education was built at this school. For comparative purposes, I had a really easy time, academically, in the public schools (7th - highschool). Socially, I had no trouble adjusting (as many parents voice concerns about this). Currently I am pursuing a graduate degree in science. I can attribute my love and growth of scientific studies to this school. From my personal experience, the studies and categories of science are given minimal importance in the public schools. Here the sciences are explored thoroughly and informatively in a creative, Montessori fashion. By enrolling your child in this school, you are making a great investment. More subjects of all categories are explored and taught in a great, creative format. I highly recommend this school to any parent who wishes for their child to have a great and one of kind academic experience.

Posted May 4, 2011

I was very excited about my child attending a Montessori program however, I was very disappointed in this school. My son was in preschool and I did not believe that the teacher understood reasonable age appropriate expectations. My son did not enjoy himself the year he attended and I was very uncomfortable with the community environment. The community of parents appeared more focused on elitism than good education.

Posted February 14, 2011

I am a firm believer of the Montessori method, however I don't believe that this school employs the method as it is intended. For what you pay here I would expect a lot more.

Posted February 4, 2011

We love this school! We were looking for a school that would develop my daughter more than intellectually but also morally and physically. The wonderful, experienced, and caring staff have done this and more. The learning approach is one that encourages the child to take responsibility and accountability for their learning experience. The children are taught respect for themselves, other children, and other cultures. Activities such as ballet and folklorico allow the children to enjoy fun, physical activities. My daughter transitioned from public school in the fourth grade and we immediately noticed a significant difference in her performance. She recently tested for acceptance to a private high school and did exceptionally well. You will be quite impressed and satisfied with your child's results!

Posted January 24, 2010

We're from the midwest and both my wife and I were brought up in highly rated public schools. Moving to El Paso, finding good reviews or info on public schools has been difficult. New World Montessori has exceeded all of our expectations. It is a large family of staff that deeply care for the children attending. The best part for us is that the entire education is founded on the belief and faith in a creator, God. A montessori school with a christian foundation is unheard of. We love it.

Posted June 18, 2009

My child attended New World Montessori for 2 years. I would never recommend that any parent enroll their child in this school. If a problem arises, parents do not have any options since the owner is also a teacher and the principal at this school. (And judging from my experience as well as those of other parents who also left the school, problems will come up!)

Posted November 15, 2007

The best thing I have ever done for my daughter was to enroll her in New World. She attended for eight years, and graduated at the sixth grade. The Headmaster and his wife enforce an atmosphere of tolerance and disapline. The academic values are excellent, and if the child has special needs, that child will be respected and helped to develop to their highest possible potentual. My daughter has Aspbergers, and the Headmaster and his wife consistently worked with me to find practical ways to cope with her difficulties. She is now a straight A student in a demanding engineering magnet program, in part due to the can do attitudes she learned at New World. While the school does have a Christian slant, we are not Christian and they were accepting and inclusive of our differences.

Posted February 24, 2006

Highest recommendation! My god-daughter entered Children's House in pre-school and graduated at 6th grade. Parents sign an agreement to be involved; faculty and administration is very accessible for conferences and concerns; scheduled observation is encouraged. The quality of instruction and the high standards in curriculum that New World delivered were consistently impressive. New World is academically challenging -- she is advanced even in the Gifted/Talented program in public school -- and the cooperative learning style makes children competent in life skills as well as academics. Special needs are accommodated as part of the nurturing and support all students receive. There is a Christian component to the curriculum, but faculty is inclusive and works with parents of other faiths if requested. New World is a positive experience all around. My only regret is that there is not yet enough demand in El Paso for a Montessori junior-senior high school.

Asian 5% N/A

Associations
  • AMI
  • AMS
  • Other Montessori

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3510 N Yarbrough Dr