No rating

St Marks Day School

Private | PK-8

Living in El Paso

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $282,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $670.

Posted April 14, 2009

My son attended St Mark s during his kinder year and was fortunate to have a caring teacher. However, when he began first grade, things changed. We noticed that he was unhappy and frustrated with school. He cried many times on our way home after school because he was getting bullied and picked on by kids at the school. His teacher informed us that he was behind in class and it was clear that it was up to us to help him. We did, but there was a sense of urgency from his teacher for immediate improvement. So, we took him out of St. Mark s. He now attends a public school. His new teacher has had a remarkable positive impact on him. He has gained back his confidence and looks forward to school! St Mark s maybe a good school for some kids, but it is not the best school for all.

Posted January 6, 2009

We are so blessed to have found St. Marks fo our 3 children this year. The teachers are wonderful and very caring while also establishing discipline and character development . It is academically challenging and offers many special classes like art, computer, spanish, music, and library weekly. They have many extra curricular activities and the staff is easily accessible. They took extra care in ensuring we made a smooth transition this year.

Posted June 1, 2008

St. Marks has given my daughter, Jessica, not only the confidence but set her foundations of becoming an excellent student! As a single mom I couldn't ask for a better place to have my lil' one!

Posted March 11, 2008

St. Marks Day School has offered me the best enviroment for my daughters, all the teachers are very professional and they have a wonderful program.

Posted October 30, 2007

St. Marks has been a wonderful experience for our family. The education is outstanding and the values that are taught to the children are wonderful. I highly recommend this private school.

Posted October 8, 2007

St. Marks has been a wonderful experience for my children. The small classes, AR program, basketball, track, Spanish and computer classes have been a Godsend for my very active children. I would recommend St. Marks to anyone looking for a Christian-based education.

Posted February 6, 2007

My kids have been going to school here for 8 years (since they were 2!) We never intended to complete all of Elementary school here but haven't been able to leave. The curriculum is superb and my kids love everything about it. It is an incredible environment that not only nutures your children's academic growth but also their confidence. You do need to stay involved with what is going on in your childs class, but that's the case at any school! You can't go wrong here.

Posted January 31, 2007

St. Mark's is unique in that the atmosphere is loving and caring. They really go the extra mile to make sure that each child is recognized. My children have been going here since they were 2 and my daughter is in kinder and has been reading since the middle of her pre-k year. She also knows sequential order, her odd and even numbers to 100. Her Spanish is better than mine and I have taken two years in college. The art program is also phenomenal! I am very impressed and will continue to keep my children here until money no longer allows me to!

Posted August 9, 2006

StMark's has been such a blessing in our lives. Our daughter started prek there and this year is entering first grade. The academics are excellent and way above the public school system here. It's a great Christian environment with a high level of parent involvement. It's definitely El Paso's best kept secret.

Posted January 20, 2006

St. Marks is a special school to us. We started our daughter there in Pre-K and she continue through to 1st grade. For 1st grade, my husband and I decided to make the transition to neighborhood public school, Mesita Elementary. Mesita had a gifted and talented dual langauage program that everyone raves about. She spent one week at Mesita and it was immediately apparent that we needed to go back to St. Marks as fast as we could. The staff is warm, loving, dedicated and they sincerely love their students. My daughter, doesn't need to be coddled, she just needs adults around her that appreciate her quirky personality. All her teachers at St. Marks have been some the best people I have ever met. It is definitely where we need to be and hopefully will continue her education... by the way, she is reading on a 3rd grade level.

Posted January 3, 2006

This school has given my daughter confidence and most of all it focuses on a christian environment. I don't hear the ugly use of foul language and she wants to go to school which is very important.

Posted July 24, 2005

This is the best foundation I could have ever given my child. He started out in the Early Ed. program when his Day Care closed down and he's continued through Kinder there. They have a great program that is advanced compared to other similar programs. After thinking about switching him and looking for another comparable program - I couldn't find one. They have P.E. and a great music teacher with lots of arts and crafts built into the program. By the end of Pre-K my son could write his first name (and last with an example), knew his ABCs and #s to 20. They also had a Spanish class and Computer class he went to weekly. A great beginning - he loves this school!Administration is iffy at times & lack of communication from board and leaders.

Posted September 9, 2003

St. Mark's is a very good school. Classes are small and children are given a lot of individual instruction. St. Mark's is now enrolling children through 5th grade and plans to add 6th grade in the near future.

Asian or Pacific Islander 3% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Methodist
Associations
  • NAEYC
Fax number
  • (915) 581-8019

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5005 Love Road