No rating

Immanuel Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 560 students

Our school

Living in El Paso

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $134,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Posted May 28, 2012

I went to Immanuel for eight years, and that school was terrible. Immanuel is awful. The people that are running this school do not know how to prepare young students for the real world.

Posted September 8, 2011

Immanuel Christian School is an excellent school. My daughter loves this school, she has been attending since Pre-K and she's currently in 8th grade. What we love about this school is the curriculum and values that they teach the students. Definitely the best private school in El Paso.

Posted February 3, 2011

Recomiendo ampliamente esta excelente escuela!. Los maestros tienen verdadera vocaci n hacia su profesi n y son un excelente apoyo para los ninos y que decir de todo el equipo Administrativo... de lo mejor. En cuanto al ambiente estudiantil puedo decir que es sano y debidamente supervisado por maestros y directivos. Es muy buena opcion.

Posted November 17, 2010

I recently enrolled my three children in Immanuel this year; they transferred from the Socorro School District. My kids love the school, the teachers and students are very nice. The teachers are there to help the children whenever they need it; they are very good with the students. I m amazed at how advanced the curriculum is compared to public schools. It s much more personal here than in a public school the teacher to student ratio is less than fifteen students to one teacher, compared to a public school where you have over thirty students to one teacher. This is a great school.

Posted April 22, 2010

because they teach mi children about a Jesus, and they work with they hearts

Posted January 19, 2010

I am very pleased with ICS. My daughter is obviously getting a top-notch education. The students are happy. The teachers are friendly and always available to talk to you. Since they are hooked to edline, I can see my daughter's scores, e-mail the teacher, see the lunch menu, and much more. They are very organized and put God first in everything. I love that my daughter is taught the Bible daily and can attend weekly chapel services. She was even allowed to be part of a student worship band. Everything about Immanuel shows they care for every student. It's and excellent school!

Posted January 4, 2010

I have 3 children at Immanuel and I have been happy with the teachers up to this year. It seems that the older the students the more the teachers enforce their own personal beliefs abour religion and society. They should try to be more objective and teach the bible and nothing else. I have been very disappointed with some of the comments my son has made to me. I am considering that this be their last year at Immanuel. I do not want my children to continue believing what some of the teachers believe in. Another negative aspect of Immanuel is that the teachers are not flexible at all. I understand that they are trying to teach responsibility to the students however they must also take into consideration that things happen and that they have to be a little more flexible.

Posted October 18, 2009

ICS is the best school. This school is more than just a place you go to learn. it is a home, from the first moment you walk through the doors you notice the difference in both the environment and the teachers. they truly love the students and care for you in a way no other school would. I am currently a junior at eastwood and i must say i regret ever leaving ICS it truly is the best, not only the best school but a home away from home and i hope to attend again for my senior year. It's a school based on the very teachings of Christ. and it truly is the greatest eschool in all el paso.

Posted October 10, 2009

My husband and I love ICS!! We transfered our son from another Christian School and it has been a wonderful decision!! He is now in third grade, has a wonderful teacher and many friends. Abeka is a challange, but so is life in this day and age. We are blessed to be part of the ICS family. We know that God will protect and guide our new administration, teachers, and wonderful parents to do his will in our school. To all ICS parents keep our children who go to our school in your prayers!

Posted September 5, 2009

I think Immanuel Christian offers more than an education...it teaches moral principles that will equip a child for life in the decision making. As parents we should highly consider the teachings of moral values, love and respect to God so everything else could be in order.

Posted August 31, 2009

I have 2 kids in Immanuel Christian School my 1 child is in 2nd grade and he is doing ver good he is very happy and he is learning a lot even though he has a lot of homework but he is happy. My 2nd child was in nursery 3 last year I did not like it at all there are no activities for them and she did not learned anything I think it was a waist of money to have my chil in the nursery now that she is in k4 she is struggling because she didnt even know who to write her name. I think I will never put any of my future children on the nursery program I will just rather wait until they can go to the k4 program.

Posted July 19, 2009

i love the school but i think it should be better to take the kids outside
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 4, 2008

I appreciate the fact that the school is always trying to improve and get better. I like the breakfat times with the principals. It gives us parents an opportunity to share ideas and concerns. I love the grading program and the constant e-mails from teachers and the school. It helps! There is room for improvement. The homework seems to be a lot and the teachers can be tuff on the kids. I want my son to be challenged, but I also want him to have fun. Like I said, they have been working to improve the balance. I like the summer leadership program and the activities that have been added.

Posted November 14, 2008

I believe that the school DO NOT give more attention to the fine arts. The school has no music department, nor theatre department, and after watching last Christmas program, I think there a lot of talented students that can excel in music and theatre. The school has music as part of the curriculum but the quality of instruction is POOR. The school does excel in other academic areas and I think the school provides that foundation to go up the next level in education. I guess in any school whether public or private, sports always rule. Another area of concern is the atmosphere that some students may be intimidated with the spanish speaking students due to the fact that it can create animosity when the spanish speaking students converse in their language and the non-speaking students has no clue what the conversation is all about.

Posted October 10, 2008

Believe the school treats non-hispanic children in a different manner. Students who are non-spamish speakers are not given the same opportunity to excell and it seems as though as the school leadership is not interested in assisting the non spanish speaking student's issues related

Posted July 24, 2008

I've been here for three years now, and I must say... wonderful school. As a student who was brought up on somewhat low grades, I must also say that this program helped me mentally and psychologically. Now I actually look forward to another great year as a Sophomore. =D
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 21, 2008

Homework, homework...too much. A second grader should not be having more than an hour of work. Math, Spelling chapter reading & outside reading all in one night?

Posted January 23, 2008

Immanuel Christian School is excellent. As a Christian parent I must say this school is founded on the principle of Christ. That in itself is rewarding. My kinder student comes home singing new songs she learned in music class all the time. I appreciate the rules enforced and like the fact my daughter is surrounded by disciplined children. I am very proud to say my daughter's education is far more advanced than the average.

Posted May 10, 2007

Yes Abeka is great, only children need art, they need music and they need plenty of time to play. The children work so hard with no reward. The fine arts program is non-existent. My kinder student did not bring home one art project nor did he learn one song, they take long naps directly after lunch with no playtime in between. The middle school children had no fieldtrips, and only one service related field trip as compared to the promise of one every six weeks as stated in the handbook. The strict rules of the school are not followed by the teachers. The uniforms are overboard and uncomfortable and distracting. I will not bring my children back to this school. Being Christian parents we want our children to have a healthy well rounded education, they will not get that here.

Posted January 1, 2007

As a former parent of the school, I couldn't get my children out of there fast enough. The teachers are sweet but the administration stinks. They don't listen. If you like to pay high prices and like the tuition to go up $150 every year then this is the school for you! Don't put your child in this school if you can help it!

Asian or Pacific Islander 4% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:35 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (915) 772-8207

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• College prep
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Transportation options
  • None
  • Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1201 Hawkins Blvd