No rating

Jesus Chapel School

Private | PK-12 | 176 students

We are best known for excellence in all disciplines!

Living in El Paso

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $134,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Posted December 8, 2010

I went to Jesus Chapel for my freshman and sophomore year and it was the worst experience I ever had. I was a great B-Ball player but the problem was I was outcasted because I was "new" 90% of the students started out in elementary. They were brain washed at a early age and taught that it was ok to bash new people and non sports playing students. I was also put down by numerous teachers and the principal put me down because I was so nervous I stuttered when I spoke to her, she told me "spit it out, speak". They would justify there actions with bible verses and I was in a state of depression the whole time I was there, and it took a few years to trust the human race ever again. One day I will go back after I graduate college and become successful and let them no how they hurt me, although I do not think it will matter to them.

Posted April 26, 2010

I went to JC from k-2 and it was the best when i went there i was treated right by everyone and there ways of teaching were fansastic. they teach 2nd graders 4th grade curriculum. I LOVE JC !! Best school ever and to those people who were making negative commets.. You need to experience it before you start writing JC IS THE BOMB AND DON'T FORGET IT!!! GO CHARGERS!! and to all my friends from JC...I miss you all somuch you guys were great...to the teachers...miss you to you taught me about God,and you showed me that its great to be smart.!! I LUV JC AND MISS IT everyone should really look into it!!:)

Posted September 15, 2009

This school is the bomb, you can't go anywhere else but for Jesus Chapel. I personally go there and I love it! The teachers are awesome, the office staff are the nicest people ever, and the sports programs are unbelievable. If you are considering going to a private school, you have to check us out first!

Posted August 15, 2009

Sadly this was a great school but it has changed due to the principal. They accept any student including those with serious problems. The athletes get away with alot and the coaches allow it. Too much favoritism occurs in this school. My child was one of many that was stressed and made to feel like something was wrong. The principal uses biblical verses the wrong way to justify her actions. She is known not to listen to parents and refuses to change. Like other parents I regret putting my child in this school..it was the worst experience. He is at another school now and very happy. The main focus in this school is sports.

Posted July 31, 2009

I am a former student of JCS. JCS will always have a special place in my heart. I had a gun pulled on me at another high school and was told by EHS that they could not promise my safly. I was enrolled at JCS the next day. I met frends that impacted my life to this day. They helped me address not only my abilitys but my fears. I wish everyone could see the amazing things that come out of this school.

Posted July 29, 2009

It breaks my heart to see all the negative things being said about JCS. My family has been a part of JCS for 12 years, and I LOVE IT! The thing to remember is that even though this is a Christian school, the staff AND children are still human, and will make mistakes. The difference here is that those mistakes are dealt with by searching for the heart of Christ. Above all, I want to see my children following Christ in their lives, and I believe that JCS helps me teach them how to do that. It is an extention of our home. Money is a struggle for everyone, and even public schools constantly fundraise, so why not do it for a school that seeks to further the kingdom of God?

Posted June 11, 2009

I took my son out of Jesus Chapel while he was in Jr. high. My child was not much of an athlete and was treated poorly by other students, coaches and at least one teacher. That kind of atmosphere seems to be predominant there at the school. My child is now doing very well in school and is feeling good about himself and serving God. I regret ever putting in that school. I feel like it almost ruined him. It took him a long time to get over the hurt inflicted upon him by other so called Christians at Jesus Chapel School. My opinion is that if your child is not an athlete or does not have some super special talent you should look for another school.

Posted May 12, 2009

I attened Chapel since I was in first grade and graduated from this school. This school has impacted my life tremendously. I was given the oppurtunity to do alot of stuff, instead of just being limited to one activity. The student and parents are the ones who have to decide if they want to excel, the school can only do so much. The Staff truely cared for their students, I can still can go back today and they would still care for me. The principle is a Great women of God, she has done so much for me and many others. Sometimes certain areas of the education could use some work but others excel. With the help of this school I was able to manage playing college sports and obtaining a high academic grades. Once a charger always a Charger!

Posted March 7, 2009

The principal is a terrible adminstrator and I agree with the previous poster ...Poor money management. They are constantly asking for money. She does not listen to parents concerns or other students concerns. If you attempt to talk to her about issues in the school she will accuse you of gossiping or convinces you that your are wrong. Elementary teachers are fantastic except for one that is not well trained. Parents have had issues with her for years but the principal refuses to remove her. The JHS and HS level is terrible. My 2 older children wasted a whole year in this school. I removed my children when I realised what was going on in the upper grades....you might as well put them in public school.

Posted March 2, 2009

I graduated from here and now my children attend. This school offers the best all around education in town. High academics, excellent fine arts and competitive athletics.

Posted February 18, 2009

I regret send my children here. Poor teacher attention. Poor money managment. And Lack of decent Spiritual Direction and Representation. My kids found better education in public school. My advice: Dont waste your money.

Posted December 18, 2008

I am a recent graduate from this school. I can recommend this school because they gave me the qualities necessary to succeed.

Posted December 5, 2008

I have four children at Jesus Chapel. I love the principles on which the school stands. The academic expectation is very high and is one of the main priorities of the school. My children also receive very healthy and loving spiritual counsel and direction. This is also obviously a priority to the school leadership. Some say the school is run like a business, I disagree. I have never found the staff or leadership to compromise their spiritual goals for anything. I believe that people forget the struggle private schools have as they receive no funding from the government. Jesus Chapel is a school that encourages children to participate in all areas of life. Atheletics, Art, and a very strong Drama and Music program are all important to the well being of the students. No place is perfect, but this place is great!

Posted November 14, 2008

I do not recomend this school. My child was discouraged and depressed while attending there. He was not athletic and was treated poorly by other students, teachers and principle.

Posted November 7, 2008

Principle Leadership has problems. Favoring athlites and and dolling out harsh treatment to those who don't 'fit in' to the ideal Jesus chapel image. Athlites are allowed and almost encouraged to look down on and misteat non-athlites. I took my child out of this school.

Posted August 12, 2008

The curriculum is great, Saxon Math, Abeka reading. The class sizes are excellent. There are a lot of hidden costs and communication is horrible. The school is also very athletic orientated if your child doesn't play a sport they are pretty much outcasted. This is a great school is you want to send your child to a Christian school without all the Christianity. It is run like a business, plain and simple. Downs, the school will STRONGLY direct a child to go to a certain college because they have an affiliation with the college rather than let the child choose upon other merits. They try and push their selected colleges on to the seniors. The up side is that the children DO get a good education just be aware that Jesus Chapel is more of a business than anything else.

Posted June 30, 2004

I have a Jesus Chapel School graduate and a child that will be a senior in the upcoming school year. Chapel has provided my children the absolute best all-around education. My children have grown in academics, athletics, arts, as well as spiritually since they have been at Chapel. Chapel allows children to participate in all activities and does not limit them to 1 or 2 sports, etc. The high academic standards that Chapel requires has greatly benefited my graduate that is now attending UTEP. I have no doubt that Jesus Chapel School is the best private school in El Paso.

Asian or Pacific Islander 0% 4%

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Oral Roberts University National Finals Competition Small School Grand Champion (2010)
  • Oral Roberts University National Finals Competition Small School Grand Champion (2009)
  • Oral Roberts University National Finals Competition Small School Grand Champion (2008)

Arts & music

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
College preparation / awareness resources offered
  • Community college courses

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Alba Wilcox
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • (915) 593-1113

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Choir / Chorus
Performing arts
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Parental involvement is a very important part of jesus chapel school. our parents are very involved in the life of our school from attendance to athletic events to attendance to the bi-monthly ptf meetings.