Posted January 13, 2014
I graduate from Paso Del Norte Academy located on Mesa in 2008. I wasn't a bad kid I had just had to work since I lived on my own at age 16. Paso Del Norte gave me a chance and really worked with my schedule. They also taught me to have a drive. Since graduating I had moved to Hawaii for three years to study and now I am studying in New York. I don't know if I ever would have left to follow my dreams if I hadn't meet the wonderful staff who pushed me to be who I am today. Thank You!

Posted December 12, 2013
This is the worst school my children have attended the principal is a complete joke she is very disrespectful and so is the assistant principal my child was bullied and jumped on and the other students got a slap on the hand but when my child acted out it was the end of the world everytime I didn't agree with the principal or didn't jump for her she called CPS on me and continually tried to get my children took from me if I could sue that school for harassment I really would! If you have Any kids or live in the area THIS IS NOT THE SCHOOL FOR THEM!

Posted December 03, 2013
The director has a bad authority complex. She is not good for the school. I know for a fact that she is banned from other school districts, just ask them at Eastwood HS. Who ever gave this lady any authority is fooled.

Paso Del Norte Academy-Mesa Charte 4

Posted November 11, 2011
The school isn't bad. I've attended it, and obviously there are going to be kids smoking outside. There are kids smoking outside of EVERY high school weather you like it or not. The curriculum is not as advanced as some other schools, but many students DO pass the TAKS tests. They will teach you to the point where you will pass it, but nothing further. Its the children who need to be willing to learn. I'm speaking about the eastside location, though. This is a good school because they want the children to succeed and they try their best to get kids graduated early, if possible. I was a straight A student, but hated attending traditional high schools that were 7 - 8 hours in length. This school was the better choice for me.

Posted April 05, 2010
its a great school they help me alot

Posted March 08, 2010
No discipline. The director is impossible to talk to and is rude. I hear the teacher turnover is terrible. When I pick my kid up from school there are kids smoking pot right around the corner. There are lots of fights.

Posted February 16, 2010
The teacher turnover is horrible!! They have six teachers total. Here's the breakdown. 1 Math 1 Science 2 English 1 Social Studies 1 Elective Teacher In the past year they have had 2 different science teachers 3 different math teachers 4 different social studies teachers 4 different english teachers 3 different elective teachers and that is just in one year alone the place is unstable the director is rude to parents and students poor leadership

Posted February 10, 2010

Posted June 24, 2009
The school has good location and offers the students to graduate like in any other regular highschool, but it doesn't have anything that could prepare the students for college, nor the curriculum which could help them pass the TAKS. Their math programs doen't teach any applications only drills which are too easy. They teach by modules and have very limited curriculum knowledge.

Posted April 02, 2009
School is a joke, they only care for the student to come in...no college prepping

Paso Del Norte Academy-Mesa Charte
711 North Mesa Street, El Paso, TX  79902
Last modified Paso Del Norte Academy-Mesa Charte is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paso Del Norte Academy-Mesa Charte Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.