Bad
Good

Great school. Amazing teachers. My son had Mrs. Hernandez and Mrs. Sanchez and they helped my son to the fullest and lots of dedication. When my son started school here he did not know English very well. He had a hard time reading and writing.he was below his average grade. And after his first yr he had improved about a 86% in all subjects. This yr I can say he is doing 100% wonderful that even his reading level is now above his grade level.

As a parent the school has been an amazing step in my child's life. The principal, Mr. Vazquez, has an amazing way of making everyone feel welcome and somehow remembers every child's name. I am extremely happy with this school and it's staff. It definitely gives me piece of mind that my child is safe and progressing in their academic career.

As a parent it has been a great school...teachers n staff are aware of our kids n wht goes on...im definitely happy that my son attends here great school, n now that they are having the bilingual classes is even better.

HORRIBLE SCHOOL , NO ACTIVITIES, BULLIES,careless PRINCIPAL and teachers, poor strategies for discipline, ugly kids

I think Moreno Elementary is headed in the right direction. I live a few blocks from the school and I am at the school daily with 3 of my children that attend Moreno Elementary. Principal Vasquez is highly active and very involved with the children and the daily activities of the school. He is outside in the morning to greet the children as they enter school grounds every day. The assistant principal and office staff are always very helpful and very active as well. My older children attended Crockett Elementary and the current principal doesn't come close in any leadership skill set. My children are thriving at Moreno as they are influenced in such a positive manner, and succeeding is the only thought. I am a Combat Disabled Veteran that grew up in Atlanta, GA in huge school systems. So, I can easily compare Mr. Vasquez and his staff to other larger demographics. Moreno Elementary is an awesome school, you will not find a better school in El Paso. You will also not find someone that cares so much for each individual child. He doesn't back away from any negativity, he hits it head on and finds a positive resolution! Moreno Elementary is they way to go, Mr Vasquez POY

My kids got bullied there and in reality the teachers and staff did not do much about it but to talk with the students, did not even enforced rules and antibully rules. My two girls, as well as my friends boy got bulied, and this is different years that it happened. Teachers were great in education but its a little indifferent when your kid is not comfortable at school/in class. The only star that i give is to the teachers but not the school/administration/and rest of the staff. Sad but i had to get my kids out of there quick because one of my daughters was crying she didnt want to attend and went into a little deppression. Never again am i making the mistake of letting things go just like that because we as parents think is going to get better. It is a horrible feeling to see your kids like this. This was a few years ago that i took them out and still last year my friend told me that it happened to her son, when the teacher was aware of the problem as well. Anti bullying is still out there, please listen to your kids as much as you can because if you had a great childhood, they deserve one too. Or if you didnt have a good childhood, why let your kids go thru one similar to yours.

Last modified Moreno Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.