Frank Macias Elementary School

Public | PK-3 | 1232 students

Posted April 17, 2011

My daughter is in the third grade and sometimes has to eat lunch from a previous day or the breakfast they ate that morning they never have enough food left for third graders the cafeteria staff is rude to them ive had two other kids attend FME and its always been the same no matter how much we complain things never change and to pick them up after school is TERRIBLE .. The only person there im grateful for is Mrs. Keeton my son was with her in kinder and learned immediately how to read thank god this will be the last year i have to deal with that school

Posted February 19, 2010

First off let me say I have had two of my kids come to this school over the past five years. The first, my son, sailed through without any major bumps. The second, my daughter, had some family issues with my divorce during this time. I don't think she would have made it through without the help of her counselor. He was always there to LISTEN to her when she needed it. He was also there to help ME with referrals for outside counseling for my issues. What a truly wonderful man.

Posted June 2, 2009

I have three children attending Frank Macias, the least I can say is that it's a wonderful school, I know my children will have a firm foundation. If your child is going to Kinder this year, do her/him a favor, request Ms. Keeton to be their teacher. She was my son's teacher this year and he is reading better than my second grader, Ms. Keeton is very dedicated and caring, she's by far the best teacher at Frank Macias.

Posted October 22, 2008

Wonderful, wonderful system. Friendly staff. Great instruction. All the support one could ask for.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 11, 2008

My daughter loves this school and so do her parents. The teachers care about thier students. Thank you.

Posted September 5, 2008

Great teachers and administration who are willing to work and go the extra mile for the children, and parents. School is low income but not low performing. Recognized campus.

Posted August 29, 2008

I like the general atmosphere at this school. The scores are great which shows the school has it's priorities straight.

Posted August 27, 2008

This school is big but it has a welcoming atmosphere. The teachers are caring and focused on instruction.

Posted August 5, 2008

I quickly transferred my children from this school as it did not work for my family. I have one son who is top A student. I quickly brought this to the teacher's attention during several after school meetings and she did nothing to challenge him. Several'teacher letters' was sent home in a language I could not speak and the curriculum and homework was unorganized.

Posted June 15, 2008

Some teachers shout to much to the kids and are not always taking care of the kids properly, they chat among themselfs.Yes the principle is never around and picking up the kids is a headache.

Posted May 23, 2008

I love and am very proud of this school. Everything that has been accomplished has been the result of hard work and, above all, teamwork. I totally disagree with the last post. I don't feel any 'improvement' is needed.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 20, 2008

I don't know what that last parent was talking about, but it's obvious he/she has a axe to grind. Frank Macias Elementary is a wonderful school for both my children.

Posted April 29, 2008

I don't give good rating to frank macias it needs alot of improvement

Posted February 13, 2008

the principle is never around or available. The parking and picking up of the students is horrendous. They do not send home notes for parents to see their children receive awards. I have only seen 1 award ceremony all year and I have 3 children that get awards every 6 weeks.

Posted September 13, 2007

This is my first child that goes to school, i was very concerned and worried I was going to leave him there by himself the first day but when I met the staff at the orientation they I felt I could trust them with my child. Looking at the test scores from past years really made me feel my son was going to one of the best school. I couldn't be happier. Thank you.

Posted May 18, 2007

We were very fortunate to have Ms. Alvidres as the pre-school teacher for my son. She is a wonderful very professional teacher. Unfortunately, the school's administration lacks not only good manners, but also the interest on doing things right. I left countless messages for the principal to contact me, he never responded. The only way to be able to talk to him was if you were lucky to catch him in the hall or the cafeteria. They lack enough support for the teachers. The security in the school is non-existent. Their logistical planning is really bad, from drop off to pick up and any events they try to 'plan' yet they do not request parents input.

Posted March 27, 2007

I wouldn't think of being at another school. This staff consistently takes kids that come from low socioeconomic-'at risk' backgrounds, single parent families and turns out well rounded, high scoring, high quality and respectful students. What more could you ask for?
—Submitted by a staff

Posted February 27, 2007

I mean, what else can be said about a school given an 'Exemplary' rating by the Texas Education Agency and a 'Distinguished Schools' award by the federal government. This school 'bar none' is the top rated elementary in the west Texas area. I'm happy to say I'm involved with such a fine school.

Posted August 25, 2004

I feel very safe that my child is in this school. I have never seen a school with this type of security and care for the children. I love how they have everything set up to protect our kids.

Posted February 6, 2004

I have enjoyed our time here at Frank Macias Elementary. I feel like it's a big school but it seems homey and inviting at the same time. The teachers work very hard to provide the best opportunities for their kids. Their counseling and administrative staff really helped me when I needed it and that says a lot in my book.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

201 students were tested at this school in 2011.

2011

2010

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

235 students were tested at this school in 2011.

2011

Limited English proficient (LEP)92%
Proficient in English92%
Not migrant92%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

199 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

218 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

Not migrant71%
Not Gifted70%
Bilingual70%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Exemplary".

Asian or Pacific Islander N/A 4%

• WILLIAM PATTI
Fax number
  • (915) 852-7547

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

14521 Horizon Boulevard