Paso Del Norte School 2

Posted April 09, 2014
My son has attended Paso Del Norte for the last 2 years (4th and 5th grade) and I have always thought highly of the school until he got out yesterday 4/8/14 and told me that there was hair in his food at lunch. When he notified the cafeteria staff, they told him he could not get another plate and he needed to eat what he was served. I spoke to the assistant principal, who was very helpful and addressed the situation. She even followed up with me today about the incident. However, if this has occured once, I feel sure that it has happened before and there is no telling what else has occurred in that lunch room. For that reason, my son will never eat in there again. Nor will my other two younger children. I think every parent who has a child in this school, or that will be going to this school in the future, should know about this incident. Do not let your kids eat in this cafeteria, if you care anything about cleanliness. Concerned father

Posted May 20, 2013
I love the teachers there that my kids had this year. Their teachers were very involved and kept me up to date of the progress of my children. I did not like the fact that the younger children were around the older children and could hear dirty conversations and cuss words. I wish there was a way to keep the K-5 separate from the 6-8.

Paso Del Norte School 5

Posted May 30, 2009
my daughther enter to this sschool w a speech problem and her kindergarten teacher had so much patience with her. my daughter never wanted to miss a day of school. the speech thearpist was excellent. I thank the teachers know my child knows how to speak and listen more.

Posted July 20, 2008

Posted July 18, 2008

Paso Del Norte School 3

Posted December 03, 2004
I am upset with the school and some of the teachers. I understand that we live in a boarder town, but we live in America, so the primary language spoken in school should be English. In some of my son's 6th grade classes the teacher teaches the lesson in English and Spanish. In my opinion, by the 6th grade, kids going to American school should speak and write English. If they just came from across the boarder and don't speak english yet then they should go to a special school first and then be intergrated with in the regular schools. I don't think it is fair for my children who do not speak Spanish to be punished or miss out on some instruction because of this. When we went to Germany with the military, we learned to speak German. These kids will not learn English if always spoken to in Spanish.

Paso Del Norte School
12300 Tierra Este Road, El Paso, TX  79938
Last modified Paso Del Norte School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paso Del Norte School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top