Ernesto Serna School 5

Posted October 03, 2009
I have 4 boys that attended Serna and what a great school! The administration and teachers have done a wonderful job preparing them for high school and beyond. They all get involved with the students in class and through extra-curricular activites. They work hard for kids and all of my boys enjoyed going to school every day. Two are now in college, one in high school and the youngest is in the 7th grade and all their past teachers still express concern for their success. Thank you for being great teachers!

Ernesto Serna School 0

Posted September 08, 2008
Our district visited this school and we were very impressed with teacher quality and the quality of instruction. This is one of the best dual language schools to visit in El Paso.

Posted May 02, 2008

Posted March 03, 2008

Ernesto Serna School 3

Posted December 11, 2006
I believe this school has a lot to give to the children, specially because it offers other languages among other programs. It needs more extracurricular activities and more parent involvement.

Ernesto Serna School 5

Posted August 11, 2006
I have a great opinion of this school. My children are doing excellent compared to Hilley, where they used to go. The music and art programs are very motivating to them. And I have nothing but praise for the Dual Language education. They speak, write and read CORRECT spanish and english. The security is great and the discipline program is followed. But as a parent volunteer, I think what the students need most to do well in this or any school is parent involvement in their education, homework and activities. Congratulations to the administration and to all the great teachers. I am glad that I chose this school, and was able to transfer my kids. I don't mind the drive for a great school, and better education!

Posted January 13, 2006
- a former student
The school hardly ever gave out homework to the students and the students in 'honors' classes got treated very different. They were the ones that learned more. Teachers would always brag about them. When I got to the high school, I was really behind. I was having trouble in geometry and it was just because they would not let me take an algebra class my 8th grade year. I am very dissapointed in attending that school. It is a school that needs a lot of improvement.

Ernesto Serna School 2

Posted April 10, 2005
- a former student
I don't like this school. It doesn't give children the tools to expand like other schools. The school should have more teachers in order to help student get the attention they need. Also, the music programs aren't very good. Many students need more advance classes to progrese as a musician and/or in other program. They should also have bigger fine arts rooms, because there orchestra room is a starndrizes classroom like the ones the math and reading teachers use.

Ernesto Serna School
11471 Alameda Avenue, El Paso, TX  79927
Last modified Ernesto Serna School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ernesto Serna School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top