Bad
Good

My daughter has attended this school for 3 years. We have had a relatively positive experience with this school. Let me just say Mrs. Sully in first grade is one of the best teachers I have ever encountered. Truly encourages a love for learning. My daughter cried on her last day of school with her, she loved her so much!! I had to fight with my daughter to keep her home sick one day because she didn't want to miss anything going on in her classroom!! With that being said, there is one reason I gave this school 4 stars instead of 5. Dismissal at this school is a disaster. Traffic is insane and there is not enough parking to accommodate the large amount of students. I have also heard numerous stories of my daughters' peers being sent home on the wrong buses. So plan accordingly. If you live close enough to walk, I recommend it! Overall, if you have been zoned for this school, consider yourself lucky. It is definitely one of the better schools in El Paso!

This school goes by "SAFETY" is their first priority but they're far from it. My son loves learning until he started going to this school he has been bullied and gotten into a couple of fights that have resulted in one of the other kids getting hurt, to me as a parent that is very concerning and it should have been something the school staff, principal, or some type of adult to be aware of but NO!! nobody knew anything no teachers, staff or aids that are suppose to be watching them during recess noticed this incident or even knew about it even though they were sent to nurses office to be checked out. They also do not pay attention to the kids to make sure they get on bus. The most concerning of all is that he is only in Kindergarten. They pretend to listen to your concerns and say they'll investigate but never get back to you with answers.

My daughter has attended this school for the last 6 years. We have enjoyed being a part of this schools community. The teachers have been very caring and supportive of the students. I hope the next school she goes to is just as good.

The experience I've had over five years that my daugthers have attend this school,have been more good than bad. I like this school.

My children have attend this school over the last 4 years. The teaches have all been outstanding and connected well with the students. Both of my children have found a love of education!

My daughter has attended this school since Pre-K. I must admit that the the only teachers that have truly cared are her special ed teacher and her first grade teacher. My daughter has dyslexia and autism (high functionng) and this school made it a very bad experience for me to be able to get her the school serives they are required to provide for her. I have had two teachers simply call my 7 year old lazy, and that I must put my kid on meds. I have been more than patient with this school and its staff. My daughter receives multiple private services for her DX and is improving and learining, just not at the speed the teachers would like. If you have a child with a learning disability, developmental disability, or need extra one on one attention DO NOT take them here. They are under staffed, too many kids are enrolled and they cut their dyslexia program. Good luck to those parents in my shoes, dont give up on your child you must fight to get them what they deserve and require to learn, not what the school system says they can do.

Great environment! My son has attended for the last 3 years, and the professional & caring environment is ideal for learning. I know other military families that feel the same. I am very satisfied.

As a military family we have been all over the united states and unfortunately my boys have attended many schools. I have to say out of all schools attended this one is the most unprofessional and unorganized. My son absolutely loved learning until this year. I have had problems with the front office, bus and teacher. As of now I have talked with the principle and have not seen any results of promises made.

Great caring principal,staff and volunteers. Excellent (7(

I think it is a great school, my children have attended for six years. The principal has been wonderful and the teachers are great.

Last modified Lujan-Chavez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.