John Drugan School 1

Posted May 08, 2014
I feel strongly that from the teachers to the principal and everyone in between do not care about my concerns for my child. His teacher speaks to me as if I have I have a mental defect I feel she has a personal dislike for my child and it is being displayed in a sneaky manner, he has told me he is being mistreated by another student and has been sent to the office and given referrals but the other student involved has had no disciplinary actions .I feel the women in the front office do not at all want to be bothered or inconvenienced with your concerns, and they all just tell you what they think you want to hear but nothing will ever be done to change or rectify the problem.Also we have three children but only two are attending this school my other child has to go to sierra which is inconvenient for more than one reason I have another child who will be starting school next year and you have to expect that there will not be room for him there so now what? TO MANY children are attending that AREN'T supposed to my oldest child has told me he's been mowed over in the hall ways by eighth graders and it also makes drop off a NIGHTMARE. All around I am extremely dissatisfied

John Drugan School 2

Posted February 10, 2014
Unfortunately this school has taken a steep decline with the retirement of the former principal. The majority of teachers still offer a great education but the new admin is lacking in many areas. I find a lack of respect when I enter the facility now and any concerns are not really listened to. It is like the new admin tries to placate the parents just to get them out the door. It is sad to say that I cannot wait to place my children in another school.

John Drugan School 4

Posted August 22, 2012
Hi, My wife and I have three children at John Drugan. It is by far one of the best schools my kids have ever been to. We're a military family and we move around a lot. We've been to Florida, Oklahoma, and Upstate NY just to mention a few places. Mrs Cook is a great principal and the teachers at this school are the beacons of educators. There is only one bad thing about this school and that is the number of students! It is completely packed and classrooms are combining sometimes up to 40 students per classroom (with two teachers of course). However and to my surprise, my kids grades keep getting better! So, they're doing things right. I've seen institutions that really care and this is definitely one on the top. I'm sure there are parents out there who feel the opposite. But, I guarantee you that the problem is not the school; the problem is undisciplined children and ineffective parents. I would ask those parents to conduct a self-check before speaking against the school. As far as we're concerned, we highly recommend this school. God bless and have a wonderful day! Military Parents

Posted May 01, 2011
Its unfortunate to be new to this site an get a review like the ones ive read below. My children have been in this school for 2 years now(coming from another school in the district) and their grades and confidence say it all, because at the end of the day its the children that matter. Mrs. Cook is a very strong and confident leader and she is leading our children in the right direction. Our staff is well rounded and highly educated and our taks scores and recognitions say it all. Dont be so negative and open your mind to what can be a great and friendly environment if you allow yourself to find it. .....proud parent!!!!!!!!!!

Posted June 22, 2010
This is my second time writing a review. I can imagine why the first one didn't post. Mrs. Cook is an excellent principal. A parent commented she looks unhappy. No she looks serious and there is a difference! She is serious about the way the children act and how the school is run. She is compassionate , understanding and most importantly she is not a people pleaser. She doesn't play favorites and I respect that. Everytime I have had a concern it has been quickly and effectively handled by her. There are some issues with some of the female coaching that need to be addressed. But since academics come first Drugan gets 5 stars from me. Also, if you are a non spanish speaker you can feel isolated at PTA meetings but not school functions like concerts, awards, or widespread meetings!

John Drugan School 0

Posted November 17, 2009
I like John Drugan because it is a secure place, it has coffee with the principal once per month, it has several educational fairs (after school) for our children and high performance in TASK.

John Drugan School 1

Posted July 31, 2009

Posted June 17, 2009

John Drugan School 2

Posted October 21, 2008

Posted September 16, 2008

John Drugan School
12451 Pellicano Drive, El Paso, TX  79928
Last modified John Drugan School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Drugan School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top