Bad
Good

We transferred our son from another school in the district his 5th grade year. We wish we would have made the decision to transfer him years earlier. His teacher was phenomenal and brought out the best in him. The GT program and teacher is stellar. Most importantly, the environment is safe, calm and provides a wonderful learning environment.

Well, we had another great year! The teachers still amaze me with their ability to guide and instruct. The school counselor, school nurse and principals are by far the best I have ever seen. This school continues to improve with their efforts to educate and nurture our children's needs. The only complaint I have was this year the PTA suffered greatly. It was hard to get involved with a group of people that didn't want your opinion or ideas heard. I still had a great experience with the school. I just didn't get involved with the PTA due to lack of professionalism, and thoughtfulness. If you are ready to join the PTA next year and start anew I will be at the first meeting. Hopefully, the PTA can begin a new, more proactive journey in 2014-2015. Again, this school exceeds expectations on educational levels. I'm so proud of the Neidig staff! Way to go Neidig Team

Neidig elementary seems to be improving by leaps and bounds. I see a discipline which is instilled in a loving manner. I see students Who love to read in their free time. I see programs in place that challenge our kids to read more. I see new leadership in our Assistant Principal who loves the kids and Is always available. I have reached her at school at 6:30 am and at 6pm. The dedication Of Mrs. Wallace has inspired me as a parent to volunteer more. With parental involvement, And a staff of dedicated individuals, both with the single goal that is our children's success, there can only be a healthy, happy, and successful future!

I LOVE this school! Each and every year the staff AMAZES me! This past summer the whole staff volunteered their time to take leadership courses and become a Leader in Me school. They CHOSE to do this on their OWN time without payment. Now I don't know about you, but this says a lot to me. This staff is truly dedicated to our children! The communication between parent and teacher is exceptional (this is HUGE to me)! In an email from one of my child's teacher it read that not every child will have the same homework because every child is different. I can't even begin to tell you how happy that makes me. It just proves that there are still great teachers out there that still look at each child individually and teach them at their own pace! I am a proud parent of Neidig Elementary!

The principal leadership horrible & hard to get a hold of or MIA.poor curriculum,some teachers were weak in their teaching skills and im patient ,sorry,but its the truth !

This school has greatly improved since the new principal came aboard. Teachers and staff are friendly, dedicated and really do care about your child. Two of my kids attend Neidig and they love it. Their teachers have been great.

This school has only gotten worse. The pricnipal leadership is awful. Behavior issues abound and swept under the rug. It was rated a 4 two years ago and has gone down. There are a few teachers who are committed but most not. Parent involvment is almost non-existent. This school doesn't need work it needs an OVER-HAUL!

From reading many of the comments below I can tell you the school has changed. The teachers that have decided to commit themselves to Neidig are great. They have a new principal and she is working hard to keep parents involved. Every school needs work but Neidig is on its way up..

All of my children started at Neidig. I moved my children to a Charter school because I felt they weren't being challenged enough. I would have to agree with most of the comments about the staff they aren't approachable at all and most of the time unprofessional. If they don't like you they treat your kids the same too. If your to supportive and try to make change they have aproblem with that also.

I have been fairly pleased with this school, the staff and teachers. There is always room for improvement.

Last modified Neidig Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.