Posted December 10, 2013
I hate it here. There are too many mexicans and all they do is pick on me. I've been here for a year and cant wait to leave

Elgin High School 5

Posted June 26, 2011
I was proud to have my children attend the schools in Elgin. You can't complain about the schools if you as a parent, or you child/children are not INVOLVED! Get INVOLVED in after school activities, take advantage of what the schools here have to offer and you'll be shocked at how wonderful they are.

Posted June 01, 2011
I m hoping to go to Anderson next year but again, budget cuts are not benefiting anybody. (Oh, and back to what you were saying about low on supplies? My school is constantly charging students for things that we don t want. Raffle tickets, putting your birthday on a TV in the hallway or in the announcemnets (my old school did this for free, I guess I took it for granted) and Friday events, like dance competitions, hot dog eating contests, and dodge ball tournaments. The events started at a dollar, and now its two, at what point is the school going to stop sucking the student body s wallets? I m sick of this school.) The astroturf statement is true.. we have a WONDERFUL football field, gym, and tennis court, and despite the money-sucking of the student body, we still have only a classroom copy of books in most of my classes. There was one day when we had 5 or 6 fights in the same day, it was a joke to blame the weather. Funny. But because of that, we aren t allowed to use the restroom except during the passing period. Which frankly, being a girl, isn t possible.

Posted November 13, 2009

Elgin High School 0

Posted December 04, 2008
I personally enjoyed my son going to this school. He graduated 2 years ago and is still in college. He was in this school district starting in 3rd grade up to graduation day. One thing parents have to do is BE INVOLVED. Teachers don't have the time to spend with problem kids or struggling kids if they think the parent isn't going to work with them. When a parent is involved, the teachers are more involved. My son almost fell through the cracks until I realized what 'I' needed to do and it was amazing how everyone else kicked in to make sure he got the education he needed. Every school has problems, fights, good and bad teachers, good and bad administrations. Elgin is no different.

Elgin High School 0

Posted October 24, 2008
If you want your child to get an education, I would avoid this school. In fact, I would avoid the entire district. The administration in Elgin is more concerned with sports than they are with education. It has been this way for the last 4 to 5 years, and I don t suspect it will improve until the current set of teachers and administrators are gone. The idea of installing Astroturf seems to be more important than education. This district has very few books, and extremely limited supplies. The high school and middle schools are both plagued with fights. In fact, a fight or two a day is common! While there are a few good teachers, many are not worth the money that they are paid. Most have little interest in the kids. The teachers act as though they are there only to collect a paycheck.

Elgin High School 2

Posted August 01, 2005
Art, music and sports are very well represented by extremely talented teachers. Unfortunately, the inconsistency of the administration from year to year affects the integrity of the whole school. Many great teachers have left due to the extremely high turn-over rate of principals. Teachers, students and staff need a stable consistent environment for high esteem and confidence. A difficult task for this district.

Elgin High School 2

Posted November 06, 2004

Elgin High School 3

Posted February 23, 2004

Elgin High School 5

Posted October 09, 2003

Elgin High School
14000 County Line Road, Elgin, TX  78621
Last modified Elgin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elgin High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.