Treetops School International

Charter | PK-12 | 343 students

Living in Euless

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $144,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $720.

Posted August 11, 2011

Next week my children will begin their 6th year at Treetops. Our family experienced a traditional public school education for two years prior to finding Treetops. We were not looking for a cookie cutter education, so Treetops is a perfect fit. As a family we are blessed to have a wonderful relationship with the Director, our children's teachers, and a diverse student population. Looking for a PTO, cold cafeteria, or a sterile "walk like Me, look like Me" environmnet??? treetops is not for you, but it is for us!! Great Job!!

Posted August 1, 2011

Treetops is exactly what it claims. Teachers do eat with the students, it is part of the experience. Teachers have a planning period, for heavens sake, Visit and Judge for yourself. This is a school with a history all itsown,not the public school down the street ran by a select group of parents underthe guise of a PTO. Thank goodness.

Posted July 29, 2011

I love the idea of school of choice. No one should have had any suprises as to how the campus is run, where the students eat or any of the other complaints as it is all described and tours are gievn by Mrs. Leigh the first time you inquire about the school. The parents should never be allowed to run the school but should always have the freedom to move on if it does not work for them. For my family, and no one recruited me to write this, it just works. I love the setting, the teachers, and the director. If you are not happy, move on, but for over three hundred dedicated families Treetops is a GREAT school.

Posted July 28, 2011

We had high expectations for Treetops and were very disappointed. This is more like full-time childcare with added curriculum. Treetops was rated unacceptable last school year, but raised their scores to acceptable for the upcoming year. Many parents pull their students from this school after realizing the school's shortcomings. It s better to start your child somewhere where they will not have to switch schools. They have no nurse, no cafeteria, no janitors/cleaning service, the kids eat outside unless it is pouring, they have the kids outside in freezing temps, in lower elementary no official P.E., Music, or Art class, no parent organization, and the admin, the director specifically, does not care to listen to the concerns of the parents or teachers to improve the school. Although parents have tried to create a PTO/PTA, the school will not allow it. Teachers do not receive a duty free lunch or planning period. To put it simply: Poorly ran, unorganized, unprofessional director, curriculum that is below most parents expectations, and an overall bad experience. However, our kindergarten teacher was amazing, there are some great students and parents, and the class sizes are nice.

Posted July 28, 2011

I know specifically that when negative comments are posted on here, Treetops tries to figure out who did it, and they also recruit parents who are happy with their child receiving a second-rate education to fill the pages with positive reviews. I also believe teachers post comments on here as parents. Please be mindful of this practice and be cautious of what you read. If I had the contact information or time to contact the numerous parents I know who are unhappy with this school so they could post comments, it would be clear that there is definitely something wrong.

Posted July 25, 2011

My children have found a place to call home. After years large public schools, my children (ages 7, 10, and 13) have been nothing but sucessful at Treetops. I have found the Director to be helpful and compassionate.

Posted July 25, 2011

I know that my wife has already posted her comments about Treetops but as an active Dad I felt I too should post. Treetops is such a wonderful learning environment that I have a hard time figuring out what people complain about. All I can say is, they need to walk the halls of any traditional middle school. There is no police presence at Treetops and yet there is a sence of calm and responsibility. Discipline should not be the focus of any school, but when an issue come up, it is handled in a respectful manner by the Principal. Come and visit

Posted July 25, 2011

My neighbor just called and told me to check the recent postings on this site. Both of our familes attend Treetops and have been singing this schools praises from day one, which was five years ago! Treetops School offers an above average education in a serene environment. School should be a place of learning while being shown respect, which is our experience at Treetops.

Posted July 24, 2011

I am so thankful every day for Treetops School. The school cares, from the principal to the caretaker.

Posted July 19, 2011

This school is awful! I wish I had seen that even the state of Texas has rated this school as unacceptable. I would not recommend sending your child here if you want any kind of quality education for them.The program is not challenging or even consistent across the grades. Most teachers here shouldn't be teaching in any school system much less here.The campus is filthy and poorly maintained.The administration is even a bigger joke!Leadership in this school is weak. The lack of discipline here is another huge issue. The administration does not seem to have any discipline policy in place or at least doesn't want to be "bothered" with such things. There isn't much in the way of extra curricular activities for the students to extend their learning. If you care about your child's future do not look at this school!

Posted July 13, 2010

We are thrilled to be a part of the Treetops family! This school has a wonderful reputation that stretches over forty years. I have read reviews that are extremely critical and accusatory. The teachers and administrators love and appreciate children and their individual learning styles and personalities. These people are criticizing this school for not being like a public school- if you have a problem with its' non-public school features then go to a public school. You are NOT required to either work or pay, but the school requests that each family contribute to the coop environment by contributing either time or items to the teacher's wish lists. This works out to about six hours a month, which is much less than most people spend watching TV or surfing the internet. I am so thankful that this school exists and holds to its' values and high standards!

Posted June 22, 2010

I have a student at Tree Tops in middle school and teachers for this grade level is anything but great. They cause more drama than the students do. My child's grades have dropped since attending this school. The middle school teachers are what i would consider drop outs for public school teaching. I agree with the parent about the office not dealing with issues and or concerns, after several attempts of contacting the office i also went to the TEA with my concerns. I do not recommend this school if you have a child that is 7th grade and up.

Posted May 6, 2010

My child has been at Treetops for K and 1st. K was wonderful! Taught at the child's academic level (advanced). Social skills were excellently addressed! Parental involvement was high and encouraged! All I saw was a great school and great people taking the best care of these great kids! My observation of 1st grade was quite different, sadly. It seemed as if all the sudden it went from a progressive, innovative school to a traditional public run-of-the-mill. Parental involvement greatly reduced. Kids all taught cookie cutter style. Was hoping that the crowded K would turn into a less crowded 1st. They just added another class to an already crowded facility. I fear that they are trying to grow, which will ruin this close knit feel and one-on-one that the older kids we know love so much about this school. (4 Stars for K last year, 3 for 1st grade this year).

Posted April 26, 2010

I've been watching this little debate with a lot of interest! Our daughter is currently in one of the kindergarten classes & has a tough time adapting to change. She was very unhappy initially, but her teacher was patient & kind and my daughter now loves school. She has gone from knowing her letters and sounds to reading at a 2nd grade + level and has developed a passion for reading and learning. My husband helps with enrichment classes and I have also seen that her class in particular seems to have a lot of kids with behavioral difficulties; seems like it was luck of the draw (no prior knowledge) but I've confirmed w/ her teacher that classes ARE divided yearly based on different variables. The teachers I've encountered (especially the K teachers) seem to love their jobs & that is key to me.

Posted April 24, 2010

I am a parent of a child that has been going to Treetops since she was in the 3rd grade and now she is in the 11 grade I have watch her grow while she has been a Treetops and all the thanks I have are due to the teachers at Treetops.Thank you

Posted April 14, 2010

I consider myself quite fortunate to be a teacher on this campus. I have taught in 'traditional' public schools so I am familiar with the concerns and frustrations that accompany being a teacher in those environments: class sizes too big, score-driven administrations, strict curricula requirements, and little time to really address the academic needs of struggling students. My experience at Treetops has been nothing short of wonderful. I am free to create student-driven lessons that are differentiated to meet the needs of ALL of my students. I have small classes so that not only do I get to know my students very well, but I come to understand quite quickly their cognitive and academic abilities. The administration has always supported my efforts in the classroom, which gives me the confidence to keep doing what I'm doing for my 'kids.' I truly do love my job.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 9, 2010

I have two children at Treetops. I noticed a couple of reviews stating poor education and inability to challange bright children. I could not disagree more. I pulled my son out of Arlington ISD for this reason. He was getting in trouble constantly for talking...HE WAS BORED!! Since moving to treetops he has made perfect scores on TAKS and is challenged everyday. He would not have made a perfect score with no test prep. The teachers love what they do and it shows. I tell everyone I know about Treetops and how greatful we are for them.

Posted April 7, 2010

Thank goodness for Treetops School offering a K-12 school with such a caring environment. I cannot afford a private school. I can and do appreciate Treetops for offering a private school quality education on a terrific campus to my daughter and son. I am an active parent who enjoys the interaction of all grade levels, the dedication of the administration and the love of every student by the teaching faculty. There are opportunities for all kinds of students to excell at Treetops; be it advanced learners or those who struggle; and it is accomplished without labels. I agree with the previous rating, come and see for yourself. If you have doubts, speak with parents at the school, teachers or Ms. Lou. Every school or organization has naysayers, usually when they don't get their way. My family of three could not be more pleased with Treetops School.

Posted April 7, 2010

I am truly shocked at some of the falsehoods I have seen posted as reviews on this site for Treetops. My family has 2 children at this school, and one who will start next fall in Kindergarten. I could not be more pleased with the environment the teachers and staff create for the children to learn in. They are encouraged in areas in which they excel and if needed, helped in areas in which they struggle. Due to the small size of the school, the faculty there are there because they love their jobs and the kids they help. I also love that instead of paying tuition like you would at a private school, we pay in hours served. It lets parents be involved in the school and very familiar with the environment there. Rather than believing lies posted by disgruntled parents, come see how wonderful Treetops really is.

Posted April 6, 2010

Treetops School is really being drug through the mud here, for what or whose purpose I do not know. The kindergarten class is not a discipline issue nor 40% learning disabled(but if it was that would be ok, all kids need to learn), the high school kids are not 'goth', and I wonder why anyone would post such. College attendance should be based on ACT and SAT scores, the number of AP classes offered not the fact that due to economic times, MANY students are attending TCC for the first two years of basic coursework. I have children at all levels attending Treetops. For perspective parents, I say come and see for yourself; to those who post falsehoods, shame on you.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

22 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

22 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 94% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 95% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

23 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

11 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

11 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

44 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

44 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

23 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

20 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 63% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

16 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

14 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

17 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

17 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

14 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Female90%

World History

White90%

All Students69%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Academically Unacceptable".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".

Asian or Pacific Islander 3% 4%

Beginning teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • National Merit Scholarship finalist (2007)

Arts & music

• None

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • Treetops is a co-op school. our parents provide support with classroom and janitorial services. we ask that each family commit to 40 hours per semester to involve the whole family in the education of each student.