Treetops School International

Charter | PK-12 | 343 students

Living in Euless

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $144,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $720.

Posted April 2, 2010

My son graduated from Treetops last year and has a 4.0 thus far in college- he is self motivated + lively + involved because Treetops nurtured him, encouraged him to grow at his own pace, taught him to respect others+the environment, to think for himself and take appropriate risks to achieve what he wants, Treetops gave him confidence. Lou, the principle,has culled a staff that want to teach here because they care+want to make a difference-she has guided the school through a challenging transition from private to public + it continues to grow+nurture kids at every level. Many of the staff have known my son since Kindergarten+he still seeks them out to listen+laugh with. Treetops is more than a school, it's a caring community that teaches more than what is required if you are open to it +I am forever grateful .

Posted April 1, 2010

I am always shocked that this site allows anyone to say anything, without any verfication of fact. I am a parent of two children who attend TreetopsSchool. The last reveiwer obviously has an ax to grind, but spreading viscious rumors is just wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you must state fact as well. Please take it upon yourself to verify that all teachers are certified, this is a public school, where all students are welcome, the faculty care but will not cave to a parents whim, and an adminstrator who is always on campus and willing to meet with parents. Public schools welcome all learners, I am thankful Treetops offers a safe environment with faculty who love and educate my children.

Posted March 30, 2010

This school is awful and what the teachers are allowed to get away with is unbelievable and the administration is just as bad. The teachers are not certified and this school has no idea on how to teach children. The things that my child has gone through since attending here has just been awful and I plan on taking it up with the TEA which is something that I recommend everyone does that is having issues with this school because you will not get anywhere with the office. They hide behind closed doors on what goes on around this school. Be very careful when considering this school and its teachers.

Posted March 8, 2010

Be very careful about this school. Do your research! We couldn't even find out who the board members were and when they met to air our grievances they hide this info from parents just try to go to one. We sent our children here for a short time and we were very disappointed with their experience. This was more like an alternative school for students with behavior problems. It seems like the teachers spend most of their time correcting behavior than teaching. This doesn't even touch the problems with the administration and their liberal views on discipline. Our children did not receive the education we expected and were promised from this school. It is dirty and unsafe. May teachers are not certified or alternative certified which is also a joke. Please keep your children in public school or find a private school if you want them to get quality education.

Posted March 3, 2010

Treetops is the best thing that ever happened to my children. My kids went to an exemplary school prior to Treetops. My daughter would cry every evening and every morning about having to go to school. She has a learning disability and the exemplary school didn't help her. They were so TAKS driven and the school was like a military camp. My daughter felt that she was dumb. Since we have been at Treetops my daughter feels successful and confident. There are no more tears about going to school. She is no longer afraid of school. She has made huge improvements academically. I am pleased to say that she actually reads for pleasure now. She is a different child. My older daughter did okay at the exemplary school, but she wasn't happy. She also feels more confident and successful. Excellent education here!!!

Posted February 10, 2010

My daughter graduated last year from Treetops, and i could not have been more pleased. The teachers make sure students understand the material. They stay after school and tutor students if they don't. It's a small school. So there is lots of individual attention. As the say on Cheers, at this place Everyone Knows Your Name.

Posted February 9, 2010

My child is in kindergarten at Treetops and so far we couldn't be more pleased. The small class size has really allowed his teacher to customize her lesson plans to each child's current level. I love that my son is already working on 4th grade language arts. The 60 hours of volunteer time per year are a lot, but in my mind, they help ensure that the kids who are here are here because their parents want to be involved, and not just because the state says they have to be.

Posted January 7, 2010

Treetops is an awesome alternative to oversized schools in the local ISD's. The teachers are wonderful and are devoted to the motto of the school which is 'enabling all students to reach the height that is their own'. Every student is given individual attention.The school is not top heavy with administration like some local schools and it is very easy to meet with the headmaster and get your voice heard and issues resolved. Parents commit to 60 hours of service (per family not per child) or pay $10 per service hour if they cannot volunteer. This is a small price to pay for a child to be educated in such a small close- knit community. We do supplement our child's education with community sports and music lessons and keep a close eye on his progress. We want our child to graduate with less than 40 seniors not with 1,000 seniors!!!

Posted January 7, 2010

My children go to Treetops and I have been very pleased with the education they are receiving. It is a wonderful, nurturing environment. The teachers really know their subjects and they have high expectations for the students, which I really appreciate!

Posted January 6, 2010

This is an awful school! The people are rude. The teachers and staff aren't flexible to the requests of the students. You can't even choose the classes you want to be in they have so few classes. The teachers can't teach. The classes are boring! You have to complete 60 hours of service to the school each year or pay. Yes, that means scrubbing toilets. There is no sports program and they certainly don't make up for it in academics! Also, thier AP program is a joke! Please Parents, Don't send your children here.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 7, 2009

I have four children who attend Treetops School from 2nd grade to 11th grade. We have been here 6 years and it has been a wonderful experience. My high school student scored well above average on the SAT and ACT and all of the other students have demonstrated higher level thinking skills. I love how the principal has an open door policy and that every student is known by name.

Posted August 5, 2009

First i must comment on the following post: 'I am very disappointed in the level of education my child received. There is no focus on encouraging students to take higher level courses and the TAKS preparation is non-existent. If you want your student to just barely achieve this is the school for you - however if you have a bright child who needs to be challenged - think twice before sending them here.' No this school doesn't focus on the TAKS test or teaching our children to take the dang thing, and I for one, as a parent of 3 Treetops students, LOVE that about them. Yes, they stress the importance of the TAKS test but they do not obsess about it.

Posted June 24, 2009

I chose Treetops for my family because I love the dedication of the administration and faculty to every student. Students are not just a number, they are known by everyone on campus, K-12. This is not the school for everyone, if you are looking for after school activities, join UIL in your neighborhood. Many of us commute to this campus because of the environment and education value. I have three children at Treetops, 3rd, 7th, and 11th. My high school student ranked well above the national average on her ACT and SAT. There is so much more to school other than state mandated testing. The real question for us as a family is whether or not our children are safe and are learning at their ability.

Posted June 19, 2009

I taught at Treetops for 4 years before moving back to my local public school. I only wish I had the kind of support given by the principal, fellow teachers and parents at Treetops at my current school. I no longer have any choice about what I teach, when I teach it, or the ability to indiviualize for each student. I am now teaching how to be a good test taker so the schools rating will continue to be exemplary.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 17, 2009

Where else would the teachers contact the parents when an assignment is missing, a student is absent, or even know all thier names. The administration may not recognize me but they know my child and that is what counts!!

Posted June 17, 2009

My high school student has learned far more than the state minimum, including community service projects with real meaning! Her scores for the ACT and SAT were exceptional, AP scores high enough to allow college credit.

Posted June 17, 2009

I am always concerned when I see parens who rate a school negatively, especially one as diverse as Treetops. It is not the school for everyone, as they tell you during enrollment, but you cannot question the integrity of their teachers or principal. Academics are excellent, above state standards, discipline issues are dealt with swiftly and fairly. I am grateful to have schools of choice, Treetops has been a wonderful choice for my family.

Posted June 9, 2009

Posted April 6, 2009

As a military spouse, I value a good school when I experience one. I sent my African American son to very diverse school this year. I honestly do not have a bad thing to say about it. His teacher, Ms. Sara was engage and actively worked to establish a great rapport with both my son and I. She was open to parent volunteering. And even allowed my to bring my two younger children along to field trips and class activities. My 7 year old went from being shy and withdrawn to very friendly. He has learn and immense amount through out this year, I only regret moving away and being unable to re-enroll my sons next year. If you are looking for a close knit, but not clique-ly school, that focuses on learning and relationships, Treetops is for your child!

Posted January 10, 2009

I'm a student and I actually like this school! The classmates listen to the teacher, the teachers are GREAT people, and you won't have any troubles at all! Treetops School International is highly recommended!
—Submitted by a student

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

22 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

22 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 94% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 95% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

23 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

11 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

11 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

44 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

44 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

23 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

20 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 63% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

16 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

14 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

17 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

17 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

14 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Female90%

World History

White90%

All Students69%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Academically Unacceptable".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".

Asian or Pacific Islander 3% 4%

Beginning teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • National Merit Scholarship finalist (2007)

Arts & music

• None

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • Treetops is a co-op school. our parents provide support with classroom and janitorial services. we ask that each family commit to 40 hours per semester to involve the whole family in the education of each student.