Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Community service is taught and show through example and experiences. Kindness is cultivated, and bullying is non existent in this environment.

This truly is an amazing learning environment. Children are taught charter and kindness as well as being academically challenged We couldn't be happier. .

A real hidden treasure right in the middle of the DFW metroplex. Small class sizes. Great outdoor learning environment. Dedicated staff. We love this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The things my kids have learned came from being engaged with the teachers. They grab their attention and use a lot of different methods to keep them focused on learning and make it fun.

Amount of homework: Agree

So far the homework has been structured in such a way that there is no surprises and you know what to expect for the entire week. This took a lot of stress out of homework for us this year.

Develops character: Strongly agree

It is a small school so there is plenty of oversight by the teachers. They seem to focus on character building.

We are finishing our first year at Treetops with a Kinder student and a 6th grader. it has been a great year and both my kids have learned so much. I could never imagine returning to a large overcrowded school district again. We really didn't know what to expect but this school is unique and provides opportunity for all different types of student. Our 6th grader is dyslexic but she has done amazing things this year and required no special assistance. She was the first one to say, with only 15 kids in her class it was easier for her to participate. All the teachers are amazing and I really appreciate all the hard work and effort they put in. Someone had previously made a comment about the school constantly asking for things, but I enjoyed being able to donate things to the class. I also enjoyed how it made my kids proud when we donated things to help with projects or community service. I am so happy to have accidentally found this school on GreatSchools.org

Treetops is not for everyone. If you're the type of parent that thinks you've done your part by simply dropping your child off every day, then you may want to stay with a public non-charter. Treetops requires parental involvement. They do not hand hold the students nor do they hand hold the parents. Want to know how your child is doing - ask. Need a parent teacher conference - schedule one. Academically you can not top this school. True, some conveniences of a public non-charter are missing (no buses, no cafeteria, etc.) but you need to consider what you're after and whats really important. If an outstanding education is your goal, you've found the right school.

Treetops has been a transition from a large public school to a small caring community. Our family expects character education to be prevalent in daily curriculum and it is so important at Treetops. The faculty demonstrate their love of the philosophy and understand education is so much more than "the test" yet hold students to a higher academic expectation. I agree with other reviews, it is not for everyone, but it is a terrific fit for our family from the director to the care taker!

It s a very good smaller school, we have not had any issues as of yet. Though because of their lack of funding & dependency on parents (who are required to volunteer 60 hours a year or pay) to do things that normal schools have taken care of automatically is where my only big concern comes from. I love the open door policy community feel and parent involvement that drew me to this school yet I have seen firsthand where things can slip thru the cracks or things that a regular school has that they do not. As they say no school is perfect & one school can t be everything for every student out there still trying to figure out if this school is meant for us.

Last modified Treetops School International is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.