PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

MCA has recently been cited by Texas State Child Services among for improper discipline techniques < Feb 2017> . Child Services will also be making regular visits in the near future to ensure these standards are better maintained. Our family loved MCA . Like others have mentioned, when our child began coming home speaking of being bullied and discipline techniques not outline in the student handbook and against TX state minimum standards we approached the teachers first. Regarding the bullying situation I too was meant with snippy, demeaning and raised voices < Instead of simply moving my child to the other side of the room>. After over ten requests to the headmaster, teachers and office they did finally move my child < the non-offending> to a spot in seclusion facing against a wall for the entirety of class period whilst the class was taught several feet up facing forward towards the teacher. Additionally when approached regarding the “new discipline”. The teacher in question was untruthful originally with our family, yet a few days later shared with another parent. We removed our child the date we discovered she was schooled from the wall. We reached out to the accountability and church covering of the school with no response, nor apology . Although a great price and “Christian Education”, this was a great learning experience for our family and reinforced that speaking to your toddlers/ children is daily is essential to keeping them safe. Unfortunately in this case my child was small, and wounded deeply while discovering the improper behaviors occurring in the school.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

It is an ok school but the curriculum could be better. I do not agree with different grades learning in the same classrooom with one teacher.

Was very happy with this school until I made the mistake of voicing concerns about one of the preschool teachers to the headmaster (teacher had been snippy and disrespectful to me and I frequently observed her to be lacking patience with her class, which included my child). Ironically, shortly after I expressed my concerns my child was expelled, and even worse, my older child was expelled a couple of months later "for having repeated potty accidents" (she was 4 yrs old and has sinc been diagnosed with a medical condition). That being said, all of the other teachers that worked with my children were great. Very disappointing...

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes, the students are encouraged to always do their best and give honor to God in all they do each day.

The staff and teachers take the time to nurture and educate the students. Small class sizes are a great environment for accelerated learning as well.

A school is supposed to work to help provide the best educational environment for a child. With a small school setting, you would think this would be easily achievable. However, it's not the case. The school promised to work with my child to see where they were academically to see about best placement. The headmaster was not in tune with what was going on--taking time to plan for a concert and staff party instead of reaching out with helpful insight into my child. The teachers were always sitting around, not enthused, and not very knowledgeable on the curriculum. Furthermore, they used untruthful and unnecessary excuses to exclude my child from anything they saw fit.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They were lacking in knowledge of the curriculum that they were supposed to be teaching.

My child has been at MCA for the last two years PS3 and PS4, and it has been a great experience. We will be returning next year for Kindergarten. I can honestly say this is a great school, from the assistant teachers to the headmaster. We have never encountered any issues. The environment remains loving and always putting God first. I love the fact that my child prays and prays for her friends and teachers both in school and out of school. I am looking forward to next school year. The small classes are awesome giving the teachers room to spend time with the kids without feeling overwhelmed. MCA keep up the good work. You are definitely a blessing!

Last modified Metroplex Chapel Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-3