Harmony Science Academy - Euless

Charter | K-12 | 638 students

Posted August 22, 2013

I wish I can put 0 star for this school. They had a good teacher. However, they had a poor management. We had problem with the vice principle for K- 4 grade at Euless campus. He instructed me to keep walking and do not ask any question to the teacher. We missed the orientation due to job related out of town. We just have to inform my son teacher that he has sister in the kindergarten and I will pick them up together. He screamed to us to keep walking so the teacher did not get a full information from me. I could not find them in the afternoon when I picked them up due to partial information in the morning. When I asked to talked with him in the afternoon (he was playing internet in front of me), the receptionist told me that I have to set up an appointment via email. Good teacher with a bad service.

Posted August 6, 2013

When I first found out my lil kindergarten girl was accepted, I was very happy...then the bad news begins. The first day of school kids were sent to the wrong class. The first few days my little girl was asking me for something while I had barely dropped her off, and the teacher on duty just shoved her in the building without considering what she had to say...2 days later I ask my lil girl how her day went, and she told me "I fell asleep in the cafeteria & when I woke up, everyone was gone" how do you seriously forget a student??? Well then they made her walk to her class with it being her first week of class & to top it she was in kinder....the worst part the teacher never mentioned this to me...then when I confronted her about it she tried to blame the computer lab teacher, but I knew that wasn't the case because my lil girl Told me that when she finally made it to her class the teacher asked her "where have you been?" Wow! Really? I confronted the principal too & she did nothing...very disappointed in this school. I took her out the next day....definitely not what I expected....

Posted August 5, 2013

To the parent that said all the negative reviews are from parents that want the teachers to raise their kids.... I have read nothing here that shows anything but the concern these parents have for their children and the concern they have for an institution they entrust their child's education to. That said, my child has been at harmony for 3 years and my concerns over the past year have been in regards to the office staff being uninformed on school policies and not returning phone calls, the website not updating critical information, awesome teachers that are tossed aside and forced to quit, teachers that display such bad use of the written and spoken English language that it is frightening and confusing for the kids, teachers that don't treat all children in the class the same in regards to giving help when asked, and principals that ignore emails. There has been no lack of trying to make this the experience I had hoped it would be for my child, but the school is failing miserably. Please please Harmony heed the words of those of us who want nothing but the best and who desperately need a good alternative to the public school system.

Posted June 2, 2013

This was our first year at Harmony. We moved from our exemplary elementary because our son, who excels in math and science, was not challenged. We placed our kindergartener at Harmony as well. Yes, there are definitely some growing pains at this school, and it is not perfect. But overall, we are very pleased with the education our children are getting at Harmony. We, and the kids, loved their teachers this year. My son says HSA is definitely more challenging than his old school, and that his regular classes at HSA incorporate activities that he was only getting in the gifted program at his prior school. My hope is that some of the disorganized feeling around the administrative side of things will continue to improve, and that more parents will commit to being involved with the school. (As to the discipline issues others have mentioned, we did not have any significant problems with the discipline system. One issue was brought to a teacher's attention and quickly resolved.) Oh, and the superintendent came to a PTO meeting and gave his cell phone number to all the parents to use if there are any issues not being addressed adequately at the school level.

Posted May 14, 2013

Great school. All the negative reviews are probably from parents that want teachers to raise their kids. The school is not perfect but my kids are challenged daily and are thriving. We stay involved and have had no issues.

Posted May 8, 2013

The 9 of 10 rating is very much due to past reviews because I am in total agreement that there has been such a decline in quality at this school. My child has also been there 3 years now and the first year was great... he made friends and thrived academically. He came from an environment in public school that was rampant with bullys and when he came to Harmony there was so much diversity that it was a wonderful mix and no room for bullys. Even though I had to commute from Irving daily he was happy and that's all that mattered! Now there is not only bullying by students but sadly there appears to be bullying and discrimination by the teachers. Grammar by the teachers in email correspondences is atrocious. I am sad because I feel certain I will have to move him to a different school but no matter how you try to address issues with staff and principals there is no sense of urgency to resolve anything. No one seems to care about the children anymore and they are suffering and stressed. They pass out "dps" points like candy and my child has never been a trouble maker but has to experience consequences when others cause problems. :(

Posted May 7, 2013

This school is awful. Every year there is a new principal, new staff, and no organization. There is a lack of importance on the kids they have because they focus more on accepting EVEN more kids! There is no focus on older grades and it's so small! The building itself has about three hallways.

Posted April 22, 2013

In a state of rapid decline. Our daughters started Harmony 3 years ago and at the time we thought that it was amazing. It has been declining since. The staff has a turnover rate such as I have never seen. The office staff is constantly changing, many teachers don't last a year, and last year they changed principals 3 times, not that you will ever see or be able to contact the principle anyway (I have tried several times to schedule a conference and regardless of what the receptionist tells you, you will never get a call back.). They are completely disorganized and no one ever knows the answer. Bullying is completely overlooked and runs rampant and discipline is a joke. We enrolled our children because we thought it would be an amazing learning experience (which it was the first year) the last two years have been steadily worse and we do not know a single parent who is having their child return next year.

Posted April 12, 2013

I consider myself a normal parent, after hearing about HSA from my peers, I thought apply for my daughter and she was accepted. We love this school. Because it is a charter school, the standards are much higher than that of public schools. Sometimes a mistake is made, it happens. I get over it and fix it. I am at the school quite often, as there a lot of parent-involving activities. The teachers are gentle but firm when it comes to disciplining the students. And the kids in this school behave so much better than the kids in my sister's school (my sister is a teacher in a public school). My sister also agrees. She plans to apply here for her daughter next year. We have A LOT of parents who have absurd expectations from this school. It's normal. They want only the very best for their kids. I have had no problems with them. When I have questions, I ask. And if I do not understand I ask again. It is the best school my daughter has attended and am very satisfied with their performance. It is worth the lottery-based application for me :)

Posted December 9, 2012

Keep your expectations low. Expect the front office to not know the answers nor care. Expect an invisible principal. When they say someone will call you back they won t. Ms. Elsa & Ms. Araceli speak with respect, but anyone else expect yeah , sure , and uh-huh as acceptable responses. HSA is Exemplary, however, it's the continuous disorganization & unwillingness to change. Nobody knows the answer. I ve heard more stories than I care to of unacceptable student behavior in class each yr. The good children are overlooked by the disruptors. Although I love the teachers I have firsthand experience; many teachers have this military teaching style bc of the disruptors no less. I witnessed a 6th gr. science teacher barking orders to her students (fear stricken.) It saddened me to know that quite a few teachers use this fear-me attitude to instill learning. I m ok with a strict disciplinarian style (I went to catholic sch) but to have an UN-motivating AND UNcaring teacher as an educator? Why? Btw, food is terrible. Many students have left. More are leaving. The school doesn t care bc they have thousands of applicants waiting to fill a new spot. This is Harmony s attitude.

Posted November 14, 2012

Harmony is an amazing school!!!!!! My son suffers from aniexty that is generally associated with school because he has expressive/recetive language disorder. This means it is hard for him to understand verbal instruction & hard from him to communicate that he does not understand. Harmony has been amazing he is has most successful this year. He loves his teachers that speak a different language because they give more visual instruction. The reason they have teachers from other countries is to prepare these students for college, because those are the types of professors they will have. They teach them early on how to communicate with them. Yes the front office gets extremely busy and they have some communication issues to work on, but if you step back and see what they are doing for your child im sure you can grant them some patience. The school also does not tolerating children disrespecting each other. One child stole my sons iphone, the school actually caught the child who did it and suspended the child for three days and they child is on strict probation now. Even though the school does not allow any electronics they took stealing extremely seriously. I LOVE THIS PLACE

Posted October 3, 2012

Most of the teachers are very good, but there is a language barrier for some making the lessons more difficult for students since they are unable to understand the teacher and the teacher is unable to clearly explain. Educationally very good school but organizationally the school is lacking, there was an improvement last year but unfortunately it didn't last. The schedule changes without notice; teachers, students, and parents are not made aware of vital information at times, creating confusion. Have had a lot of issues with getting proper needed supplies and equipment, some kids are still without lockers and have to carry all their supplies with them, and we're in the second six weeks of school. The first year of school we didn't even have a library. I love most of the teachers but the staff changes every year, so in some aspects it is a completely different school each year. They even went through 3 Principals last year, never saw the last 2. This year it is unclear if there is even a Principal at all. Also, most parents from last year pulled their kids due to these issues not being resolved and administration not listening and correcting vital and valid concerns of the parents.

Posted October 1, 2012

Good school , challenging academic programs, Excellent teachers. My childrens are very happy . Many extracurricular activities.

Posted September 13, 2012

A VERY UNORGANIZED school, more than two teachers quitted the first week of school and some of the office staff too. The car pool is a mass, they don't even have radios or anything to use as a way of communication during the pick up and drop off time. People say it was a very good school before but I guess not anymore. It is very disappointed to see how the principal doesn't do anything to fix those problems and it sad that the students don't even know him, since he never participates in any activity with the students.

Posted September 12, 2012

awful school...my daughter went to this school in 2011, but i couldnt let her continue in 2012. The staff is rude, it is practically a zoo. I would never recommend this school to anyone.

Posted June 22, 2011

As a parent, I am quite pleased with the Harmony Science School. We are a releatively new school, and have been ranked an exemplary school for the last two years. It is a T-Stem school (It emphasizes science, technology, engineering, and mathematics). Initially, I was concerned that the emphasis on Science and Math, would deter from the other areas; but, it does not.. The teachers are wonderful, and genuinely care about the students. There is a diverse population represented at H.S.A.; It is also celebrated through intercultural events. A love for science is fostered in the elementary schools through participation in science fair projects. We had a field trip to a University, and actually conducted science experiments with the college students (our 3rd graders extracted DNA from a strawberry). I am quite pleased with the program and encourage parents to look into this progran, and apply. It is a charter school, and admission is gained through a lottery system.

Posted May 16, 2011

My two daughters go to HSA, EULESS i love this school, my daughters are doing eceptionally well. The teachers are hard working and always challenge the students to work harder. Kudos to the principal, staff, and all the teachers.

Posted April 26, 2011

My daughter goes to this school and she loves it! All the teachers are helpful and understand the kids. One of the advantages that the students have is that they get to learn a different language. My daughter's taking Turkish since almost all the teachers are Turkish! She even went to Europe last year with her school and she was only in 6th grade! She loves this school and I love it too! Another good thing is that the student can pick difffernt clubs for after school but not just any club, I mean like Robotics! They even have Robotics classes! This school should be ranked as five stars!

Posted January 31, 2011

My son came from an examplary school but there he got boring, when I toll him to move him to Harmony and toll him how diferent HEB schools are from Harmony he did'nt mind, now he is in the gift and talent program and I 'm very proud and he is not boring no more

Posted November 11, 2010

Administration has great strides in improvement this first semester of the school's second year. Teachers are not only outstanding teachers, motivating the children to learn and go beyond the classroom, but are very communicative, helpful, and extremely polite. Before being accepted to the 2009/2010 academic year at Harmony Euless, my daughter never wanted to go to school again and had no desire to learn. It only took one week at Harmony for that to change. It has been wonderful to see her excited about learning and it was even more thrilling that she was enthusiastic about school starting this academic year. Harmony has helped her excel in reading and took her from being a grade level behind in mathematics to understanding mathematics and enjoying science and even happily learning a new language this year in 4th grade.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

63 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

63 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

59 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

59 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

58 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

62 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

62 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 94% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 95% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

27 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

28 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

98 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

93 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

99 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

48 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

98 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 63% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

6 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

21 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

78 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

21 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

76 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

All Students90%

Male78%
Hispanic57%
Economically disadvantaged70%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • This school did not receive a rating in 2008-2009.

Asian or Pacific Islander 5% 4%

• MURAT TUNCA
Fax number
  • (817) 354-3008

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

701 South Industrial Boulevard