Bad
Good

I love the school. My daughter came from another school district and she was behind. Luckily she caught up during the school year and her schoolwork showed much improvement. I am glad I made the change to this new school district.

There are way too many children in the school. I am not one of those parents who lets their kids rule the roost, however a lot of these teachers have zero patients for young children. When my daughters do wrong, I discipline them. My issue is that these kids (we're talking five-seven year olds), have hardy any time to be kids. They have to be silent and or have heads down during a good part of lunch and they are constantly being yelled at. If you're considering the school I advise you to go at 2:40 and listen to the teachers constantly scream at the students on their megaphones. Every single day I hear little kids getting screamed out in front of everyone via a megaphone for not paying attention or not facing the right direction outside while waiting for their buses or parents. These kids have finally got out of school where they can finally talk to their friends and they are excited. Not to mention how overstimulating it is given the complete chaos after school pick up is. You have 3 to 4 teachers yelling students names megaphone as the parents drive through holding signs with their child's name, you also have children and parents walking up, schoolbuses and aftercare school buses (who drive like maniacs). If a child name had to be called more than once they get yelled that via the megaphone for not listening and paying attention. Just a couple of examples of the ways to make kids dread school. And don't be surprise when you get a letter home saying that there's some sort of school function that night. A lot of the teachers, front office personnel and especially the principal, seem very unhappy. I'm sure they are overwhelmed, but that is what you get with 750 young kids. I'm not saying I want my girls to be babied, not disciplined, not respectful or anything along those lines. I am saying; this is the crucial time in their development, they're only this young once and this is the age they're supposed to be a little bit loud and silly. I wish they had more individual attention and smaller classrooms, better communication, the list goes on. By the way, this is the only elementary school in the district that doesn't do you kindergarten graduation. Check it out for yourself.

OMG this school was amazing I miss it sooooo bad well I'm 12 now too bad I can't go anymore ugh middle school but really pick this school I loved it it was fun but I hate the coach lol he was mean anyway amazing school

We moved to the area a year ago & were fortunate enough get to send our daughters to Bear Creek. Our fifth grader was blessed with the most amazing teacher. She is phenomenal & genuinely cares for the kids, their well being & academics. She is wonderful at communication & just really treated the kids like the amazing little people they are. Our second grader also had a fantastic teacher & though the second grade was quite a lively bunch this year, our daughter loved her teacher, had a great year & learned so much through the various PBL's they did . The gifted teacher is exceptional & the PAT program is overall above & beyond that of the school we previously attended. The principal is the only "iffy" thing. Somedays she comes across as cold & stern, primarily with the staff. Very unapproachable. At other times, you could really see how proud she was of the kids. The assistant principal is very friendly, helpful & welcoming. I do feel their lunch schedule & routine could use an overhaul. It's not parochial school & the fifth graders eat entirely too late. The teachers do yell, threaten & punish more than necessary in the lunchroom. It's the kids only break of the day... Relax!

Worst school in district....The staff is RUDE principal is the worst ive seen. Kindergarten in all same district has a kindergarten awards and graduation this school does not. Also if your child is the youngest of their class and has trouble finishing their work they will make that child skip recess EVERYday. They yell at students all the time and make them put there heads down in lunch !! All good teachers leave and quit because of how this school is ran . Do NOT send your child to this torture chamber

My son loves his school and especially his kindergarten teacher Asley Allen. We are very impressed with the standards, quality of care, and interest in his personal development. We cannot say enough good things about this school and the entire Kindergarten teaching staff. Well done Bear Creek!

Bear Creek Elementary has teachers that are very patient and give students helpful individual attention. The staff is aways looking for new innovative ways to teach children. Facilities are clean. The children are usually excited about going to school each day.

My Granddaughter is in the first grade at Bear Creek Elementary. They have a project "Around The World." The day they studied India, she came out of the classroom with a red circle between her eyebrows! This indicates Hindu religion. I have respect for everyone's religious beliefs. However, to "label" my Granddaughter with this red circle is out of line. What would have happened had she tried giving out stickers with the Bible and have them place that on their foreheads??!! I am awaiting a reply from the Administration.

Having two children who have been going here for the past few years I have seen serious inconsistencies in teaching and administration. After speaking with several parents and medical staff there seems to be a mantra by the teachers of give them pills . I would almost look to the pharmaceutical companies building new play grounds or wings of the school. (Joke, don t get all out of shape). Okay my kids may not be perfect all the time but many parents are now seeing this school as a major pharmaceutical pusher. I have met the principle and I can see why the management is lacking. She is rude and doesn t have much of a clue as to what is going on in the classroom. We are on a waiting list to get out of the school and into a new one. It is a shame our kids won t get to live and go to school with their neighbors.

My son has nearly completed Kindergarten and I have been very impressed with this school. His teacher (Mrs. Booker) has been outstanding and very patient with him. She keeps great control of the classroom (which is no easy task with 18 5-6 y/o running around) and teaches the kids responsibility and ownership for their actions. The principal and office staff have been very receptive to any concerns that I have had. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Last modified Bear Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.