Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

It depends on the class and teacher. Personally I haven't gotten too much or too little homework and I haven't had an unhealthy amount of stress from it either.

There's everything you need in a school. Diversity, amazing academic programs, a wonderful administration and much more. I participated in cheer, orchestra, world languages, biology to physics early, and much more.

The school and it's teachers are very friendly and welcoming. I love this school. I am an eighth grade student

Central is an awesome school!! I'm a sevy there and most people are really nice to me. The teachers are great too! They're all unique and very helpful. There are a lot of clubs and programs including choir, athletics, band, science club, art club and many more. I love being a student at central, it has a lot of opportunities for every student!! GO SPARTANS!!

Im in 7th grade and so far I hate this school. There are way too many dicipline issues, and the teachers dont even bother to fix them. The staff care little about what you or your kid needs. It's basically just a paycheck to them. Academics is good, athletics is so-so, and their band isn't what they act like it is. I'm working on a transfer to Bedford Junior High right now. By far the worst thing about this school is they way kids act about your race. Everyone bullies you about your race. My best advice to you is DONT GO TO CJH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the teachers are fairly decent teachers, and the school does offer some great programs, like Pre IB and Chinese. But the administration and guidance are very, very rigid and unwilling to work with parents to resolve issues. For high school planning you get 25 minutes with the counselor at a time chosen by them - does not matter if you can make it or not - and you cannot ask questions. High school planning is pretty important but is just a process for the counselors. And if you have a problem - too bad, the Administration does not care.

Most of the teachers at this school are very good teachers. However the office staff is horrible. Everyone from the principle to the attendance clerk are bullies. They do not treat the students or the parents with any kind of respect. I have sent 3 kids to this school and I have hated every year of it. Anytime one of my children have had a problem, I have been treated as though they do not care. I hate this school and if I did not HAVE to send my child there I wouldn't.

This school has made great strides to reaching children's full potential and strengthening core knowledge for children's future high school and college careers. However, the current pricipal of this school is absolutely inadequate and appauling in the face of concerned parents and staff. He has a pre-biased opinion over students and especially his staff, as well as he is very quick to voice this opinion in an unprofessional manor. This school has too much potential to continue being led by such an inadequate leader.

Very poor academics, poor athletics program. Poor leadership. Not a good school if your child is strong in academics. Very rigid with A LOT of discipline problems.

Central Junior High is a wonderful place for learning. I am starting my year here as a 7th grader and so far, the teachers and staff are so helpful and the academics are great. The chinese and hindi programs add a very nice touch, letting us learn different cultures and languages. The band and choir programs are known throughout the state and the athletics department is set on their goals of gettibg kids healthy. This school is one that I completely trust and is an excellent choice for any future 7th graders.

Last modified Central J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.