Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I was apprehensive at first reading these reviews. I called the district and spoke to a very nice person who guaranteed that the new Principal was turning this school around and if I would just go meet with Principal and Vice Principal I would change my mind. Sure enough she was right, both ladies are so personable and understanding. They put all my worries at ease by explaining they both have small children and would not hire anyone they wouldn't want for their kids. There's a few sketchy kids here but the staff knows who they are and handles them accordingly. I come to lunch with both of my kids quite often and I see how they interact with the children and I am always impressed with the gentleness and sympathetic manner they handle them with. Lunch is not silent, they try to keep the yelling and goofing around at a minimum so they concentrate on eating and only the last 5 minutes is silent to give them the last chance to eat. When my child had an issue with another student it was addressed promptly and handled well between the VP and her teacher. Ms.Tucker is an outstanding Kindergarten teacher, my son adores her and Mr. Smith makes school fun as my daughter has said. I really like both of my kids teachers, they are sympathetic and understanding and just all around good people. I have nothing bad to say about this school ... Except I wish Kindergarten went on more field trips but I'm not sure thats under their control.

My daughter was not happy at this school. She always came home stressed and asked everyone for silence. She once cried and said she was scared. A lot of bullying in this school. We changed her school. We did however love Mrs. Tucker. She's an amazing teacher.

Develops character: Agree

My issues were appropriately addressed by making an appoint with the Principal and Teacher for guidance. The Nurse was sensitive to my Son's Asthma needs and communicated info to me timely.

What I love most about this school is that most of the teachers are GREAT! Ms. Tucker, Ms. Pool, Ms. Johnson (retired), Mr. Duke and Mrs. Haraburda, Ms. Lange (Love!). I had two kids attend Midway Park. My children are 9yrs apart in age so I have been apart of this school since 2002 and now my son is entering into the 7th grade. As a Senior my daughter was able to get a Job in the after school program and she had a great experience. Both of my Kids were very successful at Midway Park. I will agree that I have never been a fan of the kids having to be quiet at Lunch time but from my understanding it is because the children will be so busy socializing that they won't finish their food. The Children go to recess immediately after Lunch so they have that time to socialize. When I have had a problem with anything I made an appointment with the Principal and I believed my concerns were heard and addressed. I have heard of other parents having issues with Bulling and this is a ligament issue! I have been able to protect my children from this by teaching them social skills to address this such as the CHILD writing the teacher and the Principal a Letter about their experience and this seems to work well (Documentations:). Hope this is helpful.

My son was miserable at Midway Park. I visited at lunch one day and very small children were required to sit in silence for half their lunch. Teacher's don't want the students to talk in class but when they should be visiting they are silent. It broke my heart to see my son so miserable at school. He cried every day. I finally moved him to a private school and he thrived and the tears stopped and the learning began!

Parents beware!! They have the school on complete lockdown, you can't even get into the office! You cannot walk your child to class. You have to drop him off at the front of the school and just hope they get to class safely. If they did go missing you wouldn't even know for at least half an hour. there is absolutely no teacher parent communication what so ever. There is no PTA. My husband and I signed up and had to pay $12 to be part of the PTA and they didn't call us one time the whole year. There are very few activities to meet other families.the teacher that we had for first grade was so awful she made our child cry every single school day. our child is not very sensitive normally but the teacher was yelling at him daily and broke him to tears. Our child loved school last year in California. We had so many issues here, I pulled him out for homeschool in the beginning of January because of the abuse and neglect of the teacher and staff. The woman in the main office always gave us a hard time when our child was out sick and the nurse was mean as well. Our son has asthma so he misses more days than most children and it felt like they were trying to punish us because of it.

a lot of bullying at this school and teachers and principals turn their heads except for favorites. New to area and talked to several families and got the same response. Teachers throwing papers at students because they did no understand how she meant to do the work.

The teachers at Midway Park have been outstanding for my kids, Ms. Sinha in particular. Unfortunately, the leadership in the school (principal, etc.) has been less than stellar. Add to that the fact that one of my kids spent ALL seven years in the school dealing with head lice, and I am glad we are moving so my younger daughter will have a better experience. She has dealt with psychological bullying since the third grade and has had her situation pretty much dismissed by teachers and principals. Some of the parents are HORRIBLE, too. Their kids are direct reflections of them, and it is not good.

This school has unfortunately suffered a recent decline in quality of teachers and principal staff. There is very poor communication between teachers and parents. My son's teacher is very inattentive and borderline neglectful. He is a straight A student and comes home everyday frustrated because of poor teacher involvement in studies. If you like to take a proactive approach in your child's learning experience, stay away from this school.

I just. Would like to say that Mrs. Tucker is a great Kindergarden teacher! She is very patient with her class & pays close attention to them daily & she makes frequent calls/emails to parents concerning their kids. Sincerely, Mrs. Walker

Last modified Midway Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.