Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

My kids went there and it was great. No troubles at all. My kids loved it and so did I.

I went to that school from pre k to 3rd grade I like this school

I went to Wilshire from grades 1-6, 2005-2011. The Gifted and Talented program was wonderful and allowed me to have fun and learn at the same time. It is VERY ethnically diverse and all students perform well despite economic circumstance. Although I have moved away from the DFW area, I am still in contact with friends I made at Wilshire. My younger brother was still in elementary school when we moved, and although his new school was considered "rigorous", everything he was being taught he had learned years before at Wilshire. I would highly recommend this school from personal experience; it is unlike any program I have yet to see. Although, I have heard that quite recently it has become very test-performance based and that the students have a lot more pressure than they did when I was there.

This was a temporary decision until we found our permanent home. From day one my kids felt out of place and that the kids that have been here longer were treated better. I am so glad this was only a temporary school. I think that teachers who yell at their students need to be disciplined. This school could do better with intervention and tutoring. I know I have seen better! We came from an excellent school and our standards are high as well as our expectations. The after school routine needs work!

Wilshire Elementary PK has been extremely effiient in guiding the children to understand that rules are part of school and good behavior results from working together and following the rules. Teaching the ABC, numbers, their names etc. is good but getting them ready to perform by behaving and listening is getting them on the right track for success.

We live in a school district that allows parents to request intra-district transfers. My husband and I intentionally transferred our 3 kids from a school that's within walking distance of our home, over to Wilshire which was 10 minutes away by car. Wilshire has excellent PTA involvement, great programs (Suzuki Strings, Core Knowledge), dedicated and involved administration and teachers, and extra-ordinary curriculum. Two of my kids made it to their Gifted/Talented program and both kids have benefited greatly from the advanced teaching given to them. The overall atmosphere is warm, welcoming, and geared towards encouraging students to make learning a top priority. Our family feels blessed to have had our children accepted into Wilshire.

i have 4 kids..all of them love this school..my oldest is now graduating next year from trinity...my son last year in harwood...i have to more left in wilshire...teachers and mrs.powers front office desk in the BOMB..wilshire should be best school in euless..

This school is a wonderful environment that welcomes children from all walks of life. Wilshire is full of wonderful faculty and parents that are always willing to go the extra mile for students. I wouldn't want my child to go anywhere else. The curriculum is rich and rewarding.

We transferred our daughter to this school when she was in the 4th grade and the change has been terrific. This school is a Core Knowledge school and practices 'Love and Logic' The principal does well at getting the whole school to take pride in themselves and others. The teachers work very well together and the PTA is terrific. There is a lot of parent involvement with no bickering. Everyone simply works well together with the kids at the center of importance. My daughter went from crying every day after school to loving school. She has been there 3 years now and loves it. She enjoys singing in their terrific choir and dancing after school. My youngest just started Kindergarten and is learning Cello and also loving school. My husband and I would not be happier if we were paying for a private school.

I purposely switched my 3 kids from our home school to Wilshire Elementary, which is much farther away. The level of PTA involvement is amazing at Wilshire. The emphasis on responsible citizenship is simply outstanding. The Suzuki Strings program and the regular music and art classes are all excellent.

Last modified Wilshire Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.