Euless, TX

Posted December 08, 2011
I think Keys should be ranked way higher than a 4.I graduated from Keys in 2008.If it wasn't for Keys and all the staff I would not been able to graduate. The teachers strive to help you achieve your goals and always being positive to give you the courage and self esteem to believe in yourself.I am also a teen mother which Keys was such a blessing for providing free childcare while I was able to attend school and focus on my classes knowing my son was next door being well taken care of. All the teachers were helpful and caring for our future.

Posted May 12, 2011
A good portion of the students attending KEYS wouldn't even be in school if not for the KEYS program, so the 3/10 "GreatSchools" rating is rather misleading. When I enrolled at Euless Junior High (9th grade), I was 16 and had not gone to school for two years. My attendance in the first 6 weeks at EJHS couldn't have been more than 75%. If not for the chance to attend KEYS, I'm certain I never would have gotten past.... 9th grade. Things may have changed in the last several years, but when I was at KEYS it was a very much 'at your own pace' school, where you were basically allowed to 'do your thing' as long as you were making adequate progress. The teachers were excellent & quick to help if you needed it. Many of the 'lower than average' test scores would not be test scores at all if not for KEYS. Those scores are simply a function of the prototypical 'at-risk' students that KEYS provides a home for. It should also be said that the KEYS curriculum (no foreign language classes, etc) does not preclude admittance to major universities. I was admitted to Texas A&M University & continued my education there after graduating from KEYS.

Posted June 30, 2008
Let's teens who have made some wrong choices get a second chance at graduating high school in a close-knit and very supportive setting.

Posted June 09, 2006
- a former student
This school has meant the world to me. After being a dropout it allowed me to go back and get my high school diploma within two years. The teachers are so caring :D Special needs are always met. There is even a day care outside for teen-parents who go to school at Keys. This is a 'self-accelerated' school and is perfect for anyone looking to catch-up. Also, the class size is small. About 5-8 kids in each class so each child can get individual attention. This is such a great school. Were it not for their caring staff I could have never made it through school.

Keys Center
1100 Raider Drive, Euless, TX  76040
Last modified Keys Center is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Keys Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top