Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 06, 2016
I am absolutely amazed that this facility has received such a poor score! I have to wonder exactly who rated Keys. I was in danger of never finishing school. I was skipping school most days and failing all of my classes. I had great parents, who tried everything. I was given a final chance with Keys. Thanks to the excellent staff and teachers, I graduated from Keys and have since received my BS in Biology from Texas A&M. There is no doubt in my mind that I would not have gotten out of Central Junior High, without Keys. Speaking of Central.....That should be the school with a terrible rating! Terrible teachers that could not care less about the students. Antagonistic Principals and administration, but most of all, a truancy officer set on damaging a child's future and the future and reputation of amazing parents, who would have given anything for me to attend school regularly, and who did everything in their power to turn me around and to have me make choices other than the choices I made. This man did not care about the students or parents or finding solutions. He mocked me, made fun of me, said terrible things about my parents to me...the list could go on and on. He made it his personal agenda to try to have my parents jailed because of MY choices, despite the enormous amount of effort they made and the enormous amount of stress and Hell I put them through. Thank God for Keys High School. Maybe look into why there are new Principals and Assistant Principals at Central every year, because in my opinion, that speaks volumes.

Posted December 08, 2011
I think Keys should be ranked way higher than a 4.I graduated from Keys in 2008.If it wasn't for Keys and all the staff I would not been able to graduate. The teachers strive to help you achieve your goals and always being positive to give you the courage and self esteem to believe in yourself.I am also a teen mother which Keys was such a blessing for providing free childcare while I was able to attend school and focus on my classes knowing my son was next door being well taken care of. All the teachers were helpful and caring for our future.

Posted May 12, 2011
A good portion of the students attending KEYS wouldn't even be in school if not for the KEYS program, so the 3/10 "GreatSchools" rating is rather misleading. When I enrolled at Euless Junior High (9th grade), I was 16 and had not gone to school for two years. My attendance in the first 6 weeks at EJHS couldn't have been more than 75%. If not for the chance to attend KEYS, I'm certain I never would have gotten past.... 9th grade. Things may have changed in the last several years, but when I was at KEYS it was a very much 'at your own pace' school, where you were basically allowed to 'do your thing' as long as you were making adequate progress. The teachers were excellent & quick to help if you needed it. Many of the 'lower than average' test scores would not be test scores at all if not for KEYS. Those scores are simply a function of the prototypical 'at-risk' students that KEYS provides a home for. It should also be said that the KEYS curriculum (no foreign language classes, etc) does not preclude admittance to major universities. I was admitted to Texas A&M University & continued my education there after graduating from KEYS.

Posted June 30, 2008
Let's teens who have made some wrong choices get a second chance at graduating high school in a close-knit and very supportive setting.

Posted June 09, 2006
This school has meant the world to me. After being a dropout it allowed me to go back and get my high school diploma within two years. The teachers are so caring :D Special needs are always met. There is even a day care outside for teen-parents who go to school at Keys. This is a 'self-accelerated' school and is perfect for anyone looking to catch-up. Also, the class size is small. About 5-8 kids in each class so each child can get individual attention. This is such a great school. Were it not for their caring staff I could have never made it through school.

Keys Center