Bad
Good

My experience as a parent at Vivian Field has more than exceeded my expectations. Middle School in general has a negative reputation and I was on guard as my child entered 6th grade last year. Boy was I quickly proven wrong! The administration truly welcomes you into the building and takes a vested interest in the success of your child. I agree with a previous statement about staff giving 110%. There is a passion in the building for middle schoolers and I believe this passion starts from the top and works it's way down through the entire building. Mrs. Jiminez has done a fantastic job of inspiring her staff to bring a passion into the classroom each day. My daughter loved her first year, she felt respected, challenged and cared for by the staff. I am looking forward to the continued growth at Vivian Field including the expansion of parent education classes, more family events and an increase in PTA involvement.

I have been a teacher in CFB for nearly 20 years and as such, I have the choice to have my own children go to any school within the district I wish. After doing exhaustive research on the staff and quality of instruction, I chose this school. The teachers give 110% everyday. The diversity of the school is second to none as well. Students treat one another as people and not of as being from a particular ethnicity. The academic rigor provided by this school makes my children ponder many of the questions being posed to society now and to develop answers and solutions that will help guide them in life's many moral quesitons. Their focus on the ENTIRE child is unparalleled within CFB.

My child never came home with any homework the entire school year as a 6th grader!! I never got a chance to participate in any school events as the only notice is sent out by a robot call 24hrs in advance! I do love that the CFBISD has an amazing electronic notification system to help get notice of missing assignments and grade updates, instant tardy notifications for each period throughout the day, on a daily basis if you setup your alerts to notify you daily. I think my child learned something this year but this administration needs to be more organized and maybe get some tips from Stark elementary on effective communication and keeping parents informed and involved!

Last modified Field Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.