Bad
Good

William L Cabell Elementary School 5

Posted April 30, 2016
My child is in Pre-K. The teacher is very nice and communicates with the parents almost on a daily basis. The teacher tries to ward off any potential issues that are seen in class. The PTA is coming along, they need slot more help. The faculty and staff are always willing to help and generally have a smile on their faces.

Posted May 28, 2015
The most unorganized, uncaring bunch of people I have ever seen, running this mess they call a shcool. They have no communication, this Hughes woman who seems to be in charge, has absolutly no idea what she is doing & needs to be replaced.

Posted May 28, 2015
Horrible school. School events are poorly organized. There is no communication between teachers and parents but mostly because the teachers are not told anything either. Worst experience ive ever had with a school and the principal is a joke she is never there and the few times I spoke with her on the phone she never followed up with what we talked about.

Posted January 26, 2015
Stifling atmosphere for students & staff alike. Good teachers being driven away. So glad my child is almost done!

William L Cabell Elementary School 2

Posted June 03, 2014
Sometimes I call the school to ask about events and other Things involving the students and it seems to me that the teachers/staff there are pretty rude. I'm a really respectful person and I try to be the nicest I can be, but no matter what it seems like they despise you and you feel uncomfortable Asking them anything. It's a really uncomfortable environment. You shouldn't work with kids If your going to be frustrated all the time.

Posted November 02, 2012
At first I though enrolling my kids into this school was the right thing to do as i use to attend Cabell Elementry when i was a child, Since day 1 that my kids started attending i realized that the system they have was not going to work, i have been nothing but unhappy with the so far results on how theyre sytem works , from the way you pick up your kids after school to everything it has just been very stressful for me as a working parent the last thing i want to worry about is my kids while they are at school, an incident happend where my 5 yr old child was able to walk out of the classroom with another child and teacher didnt even noticed and as i can see they could have very very easily walked out of the school and no one would notice unless someone outside seen them this scared me very very much just to think about that ,I am now focusing on another school A BETTER one for my kids to attend. I appreciate the time the teachers and staff spent on my kids but to tell ya'll the truth if you want your kids to learn..this is not the place for them. Im sorry but its just not for me or my kids

Posted August 08, 2012
I was very unhappy with the way my son was treated by the teacher and the school nurse. I had to get an Atty to defend my son from CPS. This was casued by your school nurse. I regret sending my son's to Cabell and will not be sending them back to this school and will withdraw any other family members from this school.

William L Cabell Elementary School 4

Posted June 11, 2012
As a teacher at Cabell, I am so very sorry that your daughter had such a bad experience this year! This year DID start out chaotic, but our new principal took over in November and things are on the upswing. I would encourage you to try again and schedule an appointment with the principal so she can help you and your daughters. We do have incredible 3rd grade teachers, but I promise you, they're not the only ones we have. This coming year there will be a new program in place to address the bullying issues your little ones faced. There is also new staffing and there will be a safer atmosphere at recess and during the day. Once again, I'm sorry you and your daughters had such a rough year. But I promise you, it WILL be a different year at Cabell this year!

Posted June 10, 2012
My children attended Cabell for the 2011-2012 school year. We moved from a school located in Frisco ISD and knew that it would be an adjustment. We are white and live near a high Hispanic population community, therefore my children are part of the 7% white children in this school. Both of my girls came home in tears on several occasions because the other (Hispanic) children called them names like Goldilocks, white girl and cracker. They would tell me stories about how other kids would behave, one time my 3rd grader said some boys found a beer can on the playground during recess and drank it! I tried to complain several times and talk with the principal but was never able to set up a meeting. This was probably due to the fact we had 3 different principals during the school year. I am very disappointed in Dallas ISD in general they are a very lousy school district and something needs to be done. I am currently awaiting approval for C-FB ISD transfer. With that said the only positive aspect of this school was my daughters 3rd grade teacher, she was amazing.

William L Cabell Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2010
My daughter is a 4th grader there currently and loves it there. You walk in the door and it feels like your walking into someones home. Its a loving and caring environment. I'll be sad when she leaves to go to Jr high in a year

William L Cabell Elementary School
12701 Templeton Trail, Farmers Branch, TX  75234
Last modified William L Cabell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.