Bad
Good

I believe that a childs success in school depends more on the parental involvement than any other factor. This school may not have as much money as the next elementary school but there is a lot of love and determination here shared by the teachers and staff. My kids look forward to going to school, they adore their teachers and have received excellent instruction.

I can't say enough great things about this school! My son is now a 5th grader, and I have seen a tremendous, positive change in the last 5 years. Florence Elementary was kinda just 'ok' under the previous principal, but Mr. Wilman has really made the school awesome. We love being Florence Buffaloes!

I love the teacher my self there a few not so much but you have that in any school, my kids have done a nother yr in same grade and i do feel we shouldnt have done that, more so my son, he's just not in to it this yr and we are paying for it now, but i do also feel some teacher need to do there part to, to get a child where they belong then push them off in to these study halls. i have done teaching in my yrs and i think we need to stand by these kids and not let them fall like some kids have been, every child needs to be at there own lev not at what the kid next to them is at, not fare to those who learn faster.

Florence schools teach to the TAKS test - which is the minimum requirement but they are using it as the maximum. They need to expand beyond that. They also need to differentiate the children and teach to each child's skill level (this according to the TEA). This, unfortunately, is not happening. I have a child who has been entirely board with school this year because they have repeated the previous grade level. I'll be surprised if she's ready for next year.

The teachers are awesome. I have two kids in the elementary and I have been very happy with the school. You could not ask for better teachers.

Fantastic School!! Our child loves it. We couldn't ask for more. Teachers are very well rounded and present material in a understandable and engaging way. We removed our child from a nearby private school after constant issues. Highly recommend.

This is an outstanding school with a tremendous leader. Mr. Willman has been a fabulous principal. Florence is blessed to have him.

Last modified Florence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.