Posted May 29, 2009
I can't say enough great things about this school! My son is now a 5th grader, and I have seen a tremendous, positive change in the last 5 years. Florence Elementary was kinda just 'ok' under the previous principal, but Mr. Wilman has really made the school awesome. We love being Florence Buffaloes!

Florence Elementary School 0

Posted February 13, 2009
I love the teacher my self there a few not so much but you have that in any school, my kids have done a nother yr in same grade and i do feel we shouldnt have done that, more so my son, he's just not in to it this yr and we are paying for it now, but i do also feel some teacher need to do there part to, to get a child where they belong then push them off in to these study halls. i have done teaching in my yrs and i think we need to stand by these kids and not let them fall like some kids have been, every child needs to be at there own lev not at what the kid next to them is at, not fare to those who learn faster.

Posted January 20, 2009
Florence schools teach to the TAKS test - which is the minimum requirement but they are using it as the maximum. They need to expand beyond that. They also need to differentiate the children and teach to each child's skill level (this according to the TEA). This, unfortunately, is not happening. I have a child who has been entirely board with school this year because they have repeated the previous grade level. I'll be surprised if she's ready for next year.

Florence Elementary School 0

Posted January 20, 2009
The teachers are awesome. I have two kids in the elementary and I have been very happy with the school. You could not ask for better teachers.

Posted January 19, 2009
Fantastic School!! Our child loves it. We couldn't ask for more. Teachers are very well rounded and present material in a understandable and engaging way. We removed our child from a nearby private school after constant issues. Highly recommend.

Posted June 02, 2008

Posted November 26, 2007
This is an outstanding school with a tremendous leader. Mr. Willman has been a fabulous principal. Florence is blessed to have him.

Florence Elementary School 4

Posted October 01, 2007

Posted April 14, 2005

Florence Elementary School
P O Box 489, Florence, TX  76527
Last modified Florence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florence Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top