Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted September 03, 2015
We have been at GRE for three years, I feel like we got so lucky moving here from out of state and not knowing the area. The administration have been so warm and welcoming, my kids love their teachers and friends they have met. The PTA does so many great things for the students throughout the year....GRE is home, the kids love going to school everyday!

Garden Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted February 17, 2015
this school has extreme disciplinary policies Lack of compassion and concern for the well being of the children and have a Stepford wife mentality disconnected would appear that they are dealing with adults and the lack understanding of elementary age children. really need to make administrative changes

Posted August 12, 2012
I have two children at Garden Ridge. They have had great teachers, who have provided additional content and challenges for them, beyond grade level basics. Mr. Acosta, the assistant principal, is a very visible face of the school- and knows all the families (not just current students) by name. The Art and G/T teacher are exceptional. The PTA could use some extra help, but has done a great job of holding events which get families involved. I have appreciated being able to walk my child to class in Kindergarten, Read in the hall with students through second grade, and have always felt welcome in this school. The office staff is friendly and helpful, and they set a tone for the school. Nurse Sheila truly cares about the kids, and takes time to deal with small things too. There is a lot of parent involvement for events. Garden Ridge would benefit from a few more clubs, but I feel the environment and education have been top notch.

Posted April 17, 2011
This is more than a school. It is a community. My grand daughter has attended this school for 3 years. I know she is treated with respect as well as an individual. The teachers are first rate. Their commitment comes through in their warmth, their knowledge, their sense of not only teaching their students but all. I am grateful for this school that provides a broader sense of what our educational system provides and top educational standards.

Garden Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted March 13, 2009
I have one child in GRE. I have found the school and administration to be very good. The assistant principal Mr. Costas seems to be the face of the school as I have never had any dealings with Principal Van Horn (Maybe that is a good thing). Mr. Costas is very visible and is very pleasant to talk to. I have contacted by phone the PTA leaders on three occasions about fund raiser issues, once with no response and the two others a response a couple of weeks later. There seems to be a bit of a communication issue with the PTA, but nothing major. The teachers are very friendly and responsive to you and your childs needs. Overall, I think the school is very good, but does have some minor flaws as most schools do. The I believe I am very fortunate to have my child enrolled in this school.

Posted January 13, 2009
Excellent school. The staff and teachers are the best. They are open to parent involvment and communication is easy. Would love to see more clubs formed by parents thru PTA (chess, robotics, etc) Over all an excellent place to be.

Garden Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted January 02, 2009
This school is nice if you get a nice teacher. The kids get punished at recess for nothing and my child did learn bad words and behavior from his classmates. Kids stay under the hot sun more than necessary. The food at the cafeteria is not good. The office staff does not work at all. But the school offers a great parental interaction- is welcoming.You can walk your child to his classroom and you do know what is happening at school. I would keep monotoring what my child is taking from his classmates.

Posted October 08, 2008
My two kids go to GRE. They were originally place in Bluebonnet ES, but after a month moved to GRE when they were in kindergarten. I also work in GRE as a sub teacher as well as other schools. Unlike the tense feeling I received from Bluebonnet, GRE has more welcoming atomosphere. Like Mr. Van Horn, every teacher smiles. (Some school do not...) Teachers are sensitive to different cultures and very understanding and supportive. Academically, GRE is rated exemplary. Teachers sometimes provide tutoring between 3pm-3:45pm; I think this depends on teachers. A new assistant principal, Mr. Acosta is always making rounds in the school, and cheerfully greets to students and parents in the morning and at 3pm. In the end of 2007, GRE installed security glass door at the entrance. Now, parents and visitors have to sign in at the front office. The administrative personnel are very very helpful.

Posted April 22, 2008

Garden Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted June 13, 2007
I think that this school has great academics. I think that the P.E. teacher is excellent and really gets the kids motivated and excited about participating in exercising and overall health. The dribbling team that she oversees is wonderful! I think that the teachers on campus are very caring and challenge the children! My son has been there for 4 years and he loves it. My concern with GRE is the administration. I think that the leadership is questionable and that the teachers are not very supported. The principal allows notes on the doors to the school that advertises when the doors will be locked and unlocked! The children's security does not seem to be much of a priority. I think that there is too much freedom for the parents in the school. I feel sorry for the teachers whose lounge is in an open area right beside the workroom./

2220 South Garden Ridge Boulevard, Flower Mound, TX  75028
Last modified Garden Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.