Bad
Good

As a retired teacher and grandparent to students at TCE, I have been pleased with the school with few exceptions. One area of concerned is the principal avoids parents' questions. She FIRMLY deflects questions about school wide policies to the teachers in stead of answering/explaining her own policies and campus action plans. The teachers are, and should be, very willing to discuss individual students w/parents, but should not be required to explain campus plans and principals' policies.

We are VERY happy with this school. Our son started here in Kindergarten last year and is now in first grade. He has flourished in this school. I volunteered one day last month and it was very obvious all of the teachers and administrators love their profession. Next year our daughter starts pre K and we are excited to see how she quickly she will grow and learn.

Our experience has been very positive. My son transfered to Timbercreek after struggling in a private school environment. Testing revealed that he had Aspergers syndrome rather mild and dyslexia. The school retested him without duplicating the testing that had already been done. The principal called me personally to apprise me of the progress with the retesting and the ARB. It took four months but we did get some services for our son and the whole process was painless. The staff has been fully supportive and our son (incredibly) now loves going to school. The campus is surrounded by a beautiful park. It's just a great place to go to school. LISD is great they have an outdoor learning area which is really cool. Teachers and staff are really organized and make an effort to know each student by name. Our son's teacher in particular was very experienced and handled his uniqueness so beautifully. We have had very little home work in first grade.

TCE works with everyone to make your child a success!

Timbercreek has awesome teachers and great students! The teachers work to help each child increase their knowledge and skills!

My child is loving this school! He cried everyday before & after preschool last year, this year @ Timber Creek, he wakes up with a smile & comes home from school smiling! :] I speak from experience when I say how important it is for our children to WANT to learn & LOVE learning!

We have found this school to be very responsive to kids needs. Great teachers!

We moved here from out of state last year. Compared to where we came from this school is awful. They waste so much time, they are strict about the most unimportant things, such as, absolutely no talking during lunch, getting a 'demerit' for using the bathroom in the afternoon, and sliding on your knees on the gym floor. My oldest child was automatically put into their advanced program beacuse she was so far ahead of her classmates, and my kindergartener, who knew how to read before starting kindergarten, spends most of the day learning on her own because they focus on the less-advanced kids. This school has failed my children and luckily, we are able to move into a better school this spring. I could have moved anywhere for my children to attend and 'accademically acceptable' school.

My child is only in Kindergarten, so I have very little to compare this to. From what I have seen, this is a really good school. My son had an advantage going into Kindergarten already reading, but his teacher is incredibly supportive with all the children regardless of their level. My son seems to enjoy the rotating 'specials' classes of music, art & PE. The results from last year's TAKs test has caused the school to drop from Exemplary to Academically Acceptable. I attended a PTA meeting where this was mentioned. It seemed that more parents were concered with how this would affect property values. I sincerely hope that this doesn't put undue pressure on the kids to perform well on the test instead of concentrating on learning.

Kindergarten was a very positive experience for my daughter, I'm hoping 1st grade will be the same. My daughter excelled through kindergarten and was ready to pick up books and start reading by the end of the year. She enjoys to read and learn which is a very positive feeling for any parent to see that kind of joy in learning coming from their kids! Although my daughter had some negative issues with music class and some of the other extracurricular activities but everything in the classroom was very positive! Not as much parental involvement as I would think in a neighborhood where there seems to more at home moms then the normal surronding areas.

Last modified Timber Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.