Posted October 09, 2014
This school is very substandard in academics and leadership. Staff is not friendly and does not care about students. Transfer to another school if you can!

Posted September 12, 2014
Leadership at this school needs to let a fresh crew take over. Some of our friends are moving so that their children will not have to go to this school, and I am considering doing the same to protect my younger children. We have the same problem with schedules and lockers that another parent mentioned (every year). Not only that, but our daughter's face and eye were burned when a student threw a handful of cafeteria sanitizer all over her to be "funny". The principal refuses to relocate the open bucket of sanitizer that is sitting on a cafeteria window sill for anyone to mess with. We made a trip to the dermatologist for her skin burns as well as a trip to the eye doctor for where it burned her eye. Two prescriptions and two doctor bills, and the bucket is STILL out in the open, because he "isn't required to move it"!! What happens if someone fills their buddy's water bottle with this as a joke? Just because something isn't required of you, doesn't mean that you shouldn't look at it from a common sense standpoint! I hope no other child has to be hurt this way, but let's be real. It's a bucket full of chemicals left open in a middle school cafeteria.

Forestwood Middle School 2

Posted June 01, 2014
This school is literally an abomination to the LISD education program. Everyone here is rude, unwelcoming and so caught up in drama and who has more than who that learning really doesnt even go on here. The teachers have favorites and so do the principals. The teachers also don't know how to teach. They're all lazy and sit behind their desks and give out books and worksheets. Please, save your kids and send them somehwere else.

Posted March 23, 2014
I'am a student here at forestwood middle School and I'm very disappointed of how ridiculous Forestwood's learning environment is. I myself have a few good reasons why.... the students around me have nothing better to do but talk about sex and swear. I try to get away from the negative junk but it'll keep popin up once In a while. Now lets talk about the staff there very pathetic,rude,and lazy. I ounce got called into the office because my so called "friend" got me in trouble when I went to the AP's office she did not want to even hear my story well that right there is ridiculous the principals are very absurd. Even the teachers are rude and inpatient my parents are furious with this school and you better believe I'am to. The staff pick there favorite students and pick on the ones they don't care about and make it hard for them like me.I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone except for those that are extremely smart and fast at procesing the odds of that are very unlikely so therefore parents cross forestwood off the list if your thinking about enrolling your child here. Your hearing this from somebody that stands up for what is right and wrong !!!!!!

Forestwood Middle School 4

Posted January 30, 2014
My daughter started here last year and was welcomed openly, even assigning a Falcon buddy to get her through the first day. The kids and teachers are accepting and she has very much enjoyed getting to know them. If I have one complaint it is that the teachers and staff baby the students a tad too much academically and that we were more accustomed to a heavier emphasis on science than what is taught here. The school also seems to hold music arts as a higher priority than athletics though they are supportive of both. Our experience has been the opposite of the poster that wrote the two reviews below.

Posted November 15, 2013
This school does not care about students. They are most concerned about following self-imposed rules than actually educating students. They just happen to be lucky the school is an affluent neighborhood with concerned parents and an above average student population. The leadership is apathetic and unresponsive to any problems or concerns. There is no value placed on students actually learning anything. Actually teaching students is secondary to athletics, administrative glory, and paperwork exercises. If you value athletics first, send your children here. If you have a choice and value education don't.

Posted November 08, 2013
Forest wood middle school is definitely an unsatisfactory.They have no what so ever leader ship established. If you like doing after school activities you can toss that out the window. Forest wood Middle school has not a single extra curricular activity except sports like football basketball volley ball and cross country. If you are in need of special education or a councilor, They have no well good original action teachers or helping services. The teachers seem to care more about the money then the kids. And the kids community is hard to enter. They are very un welcoming. I was not satisfied what so ever with forest wood

Forestwood Middle School 5

Posted September 23, 2013
My school is the best in Denton county and has the most experienced teachers and administrators we make the best scores

Forestwood Middle School 2

Posted August 28, 2013
This school may have been fabulous at one time, as all of our neighbors have said how wonderful it was when their kids went there (10+ years ago). Our current experience two years in a row has been a school that does not have ANY plan or sense of urgency when it comes to providing schedules and working lockers to its students... not to mention a schedule that is accurate. Why do we fill out forms months in advance, only to be handed a schedule that is wrong (entire periods missing)? Some children do not even have schedules or lockers at all their first few days of class! It's insane to not work on these things early enough that you don't have frustrated parents and frustrated office staff for weeks. Get it together Forestwood. My middle school had NO problems putting schedules together during the early 90's... which was well before all of this "wonderful" technology LISD paid a fortune for. Oh, and let's not forget the millions of dollars spent on ipads. Hey, what about giving our kids the core classes they are required to take? What a concept! The school might be great if they could get it together instead of just winging everything... every year... over and over.

Forestwood Middle School 5

Posted August 11, 2013
Forestwood Middle School: We had five kids go to this school. It is Top Notch and has more awards than any other LISD school in Flower Mound. It is accessible by the town trail system so kids can ride their bikes there in safety. The Principal is exceptional. Kids transfer to Flower Mound High School. If results is your criteria, then I ended up with West Point Graduate in Systems Engineering (Captain in 101st), a Emergency Room Doctor (UT and Penn State), a Mechanical Engineer (Penn State), a Massage therapist and a world champion Musician (Phantom Regiment).

Forestwood Middle School
2810 Morriss Road, Flower Mound, TX  75028
Last modified Forestwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forestwood Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top