Posted February 12, 2014
This is a terrible school with terrible administration. Most teacher do not even teach and some think they are college professors. The counselors do nothing to help the students. The parents are rude just like every one in this horrible town! Flower Mound is the worst place to live with the worst schools and high prices for everything. People are rude and selfish here and good luck trying to drive anywhere. They will cut you off and then act like it is your fault. It is over crowded in this town!

Posted November 11, 2013
Excellent school! AP classes, technology, and a responsive administration. One of my daughters' Algebra teachers has won me over with his dedication. He ensures that your child understands and he treats the children as individuals. That's what I call a passion for teaching!

Posted July 14, 2013
I just graduated from Marcus this May. Going to Marcus and being a part of the band program is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I can honestly say that even thought I will not be majoring in music, I learned how to be focused and studious from my experiences in band and as a student leader. There are some negative comments about our school on this website, and I will say that there is a very small element of students who make poor personal decisions at our school. However, from what we hear at church and on social media, MHS doesn't have half the number of drug problems as some other schools in the area. Almost every teacher I had taught really very well and encouraged and cared about their students. I owe it to my band directors and my AP teachers for guiding me to be a better person and for teaching me how to be an upstanding citizen and student. I will go to college this fall confident that I will be able to avoid the pitfalls of stereotypical college students. Thanks, Marcus, I had the time of my life.

Marcus High School 4

Posted May 13, 2012
Excellent teachers? I'd say hit-and-miss. There are some teachers who don't care, some teachers who care too much, some who teach well, and some who don't. The fact is, the school is very large. 3000+ students, although there is a freshmen center planned. Overall, it has decent teachers, because it would be impossible to guarantee they were all outstanding. From what I can tell, the principals and vice principals vary in degrees of strictness and discipline, but we need all of them for all that they do. But there are most certainly challenging academic programs. The AP classes require self-study rather than a teacher regurgitating information to be memorized, and I would say that on average, students in Pre-AP or AP classes have better chances at getting a challenging and rewarding education than students who take regular classes, and teachers who more likely don't care as much. Overall, the school is pretty good, and has pretty decent testing scores so far. I'll grant that it has problems that are pretty much unavoidable in any public school, but those are inevitable. The facility is nice, and most of the students are nice too. I'd recommend this school as above average.

Marcus High School 2

Posted October 11, 2011
The councelors are non-responsive. So much so that my chld lost a college scholarship to the first college choice. Next are the drugs. Anytime you have a school with affluent families, you have drugs and this place is no different. Unless you count the schools stance of brushing the problem under the rug because it's to big for them to handle. The teachers are ok, but they are going in the direction of letting the computer modules teach your kids and not all children learn in that manner.

Posted February 08, 2011
MY best advice....to any parent thinking of sending your child to MHS ****don't do it ***** I can not post what I really think of this school because they wouldn't post it. There are MAJOR problems. Protect your children. There are too many students who's parents just throw money at them and don't care what they are doing.

Posted September 27, 2010
After moving from another district, I was pleasantly surprised by the huge step up in quality of instruction and environment at Marcus. My child has blossomed past all expectations here, and we have definitely found a home in Flower Mound.

Posted February 27, 2008
Excellent school with hard working , caring teachers. my son requires a lot of extra support, and is not always on the same page with those working with and for him yet they never give up trying different ways of helping. We have bought land outside of this school district but wouldn't consider moving till my son has graduated.

Posted September 25, 2007

Posted January 06, 2007
This is a fabulous school. The standards are set very high, and the students work hard to meet the expectations. My son is on Band and Drumline. Both programs are a credit to the quality of the music education at this school. He has opportunities to excel in his AP classes, and his counselour is very supportive. Last year seniors at this school received something like 4 million dollars worth of scholarships, and that is a testament not only to the efforts of the students and teachers, but to how hard these counselours' work on these kids behalf. I have found other homes in Flower Mound I would like to purchase, but if they take my children away from Marcus High School I will not buy them. I know other families besides mine who moved into this area just for Marcus High School; that has to tell you something.

Marcus High School
5707 Morriss Road, Flower Mound, TX  75028
Last modified Marcus High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marcus High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.