K-12|Private

Bad
Good

This school does have some positive aspects, but there are many things to look out for if you are considering sending your child here. Some of the staff member's children get away with anything they want, yet other children are harshly punished for very minor things. The teachers are very legalistic and do not show much "grace", only judgemental attitudes. If your child does not fit the fundamental, Baptist mold, they will not be accepted. I love the Christian aspect, but this legalistic attitude can actually push your child away from Christ instead of make them desire to hear His word. If this school had a more nurturing and accepting attitude towards kids' differences, it could be a much better school.

I have attended a couple of other schools before TCA, and this school is definitely my favorite. The teachers are all very nice, and they always help you if you don't understand something. There is a great Christian environment at the school, and it is really obvious that the all of the staff cares about you and your education. I also really like the principal at this school. He's really nice, and you can tell he also cares about your education and future. I hope I can go here until I graduate:)

I am so pleased with the nurturing atmosphere at TCA. My daughters enjoy both their friends and their classes. They have been challenged to work hard and to do right - very pleased with our school choice! I plan for them to graduate from Temple!

If anybody told me they wanted their children to attend this school I would do my best to convince them otherwise. First of all the teaching is TERRIBLE, my kids did not get the attention they needed and when asked for help the teachers didn't even know how do do it!! The teachers are very inexperienced and are not ready to teach yet. The staff is horrible and focus more on your social class and the clothes you wear than your actual academics, they are very degrading and judgmental toward the students and I don't know a parent that would want their children involved in this school. My children would come home almost every day from school and tell me how terrible their day was. They will definitely not be attending next fall. To the other parents out there that are thinking about this school, I strongly do NOT recommend it!

TCA is an excellent place to have your child have a quality education with Christian values! The opportunities to excel are great and they are evening offering AP classes starting this fall! It is a place where students can call their school a "family". I have one already graduate from there and the other will be a sophomore this fall. I highly recommend this school!

the school is okay but the favoritism is a big yes there. the teachers are unfair they are nice to only the ones who go to the church. there is no extra credit for those who need help. they don't care about your feelings. it is like they want to break you down. the teachers don't care if you pass or not. it is a horrible school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the elementary teachers are excellent and have been teaching for many years. In junior and senior high, teachers are hit or miss...they really need to focus on keeping the great teachers when they get them. There is a high turn over rate for middle and high school teachers. Also, the grading structure needs improvement. It's frustrating to have one test (exam) each quarter count for 33% of a child's overall grade. They can do great all quarter and then have their average drop significantly all based on one test.

TCA has MANY problems First of all EVERYTHING is abeka and no not just all the books Every day the teachers follow the abeka lesson plans to get through the entire book in one year which is not really necessary Even though the school passes the required minimum days of school required by law if we miss a day due to weather, we have to make it up to keep up with the abeka schedule Also we have to have quizzes and tests on mondays and thursdays and homework on wednesday nights. I have heard teachers say that they dont like doing this but they have to because thats what abeka says Abeka books are ineffective for the most part math and science are the worst The teachers are all way too inexperienced. the majority of them went to PCC and some didnt even major in what they are teaching, or any education for that matter In most classes all we do is read out of the books while the teachers repeat what we just read The grading system is frustrating Homework counts little to nothing the 2 tests per quarter count 33% countless quizzez count 33% and the exam is 33% it is punishing and impossible to bring a grade up if you do bad on a test since they are averaged by category

So far, I have been very happy with this school. The class sizes are small and the academics are challenging, but teachers will help your student if they struggle. The most important thing is that the main focus is Jesus Christ and bringing Him glory in all areas of life.

I removed my kids from this school after a number of years. The teachers are overloaded, the leadership is inadequate and I agree with other parents, that if your family does not go to the church, the kids are not favored like the ones who do. My kids had a mostly positive experience there, but I was not happy with it. They are in public schools now.

Last modified Temple Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12